Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2009, 01:29 PM

73 posts, read 110,389 times

Advertisements

As some of you may know, Cristianos Pizza in Holtsville was sold about a year and a half ago. Since then it has been 2 or 3 different pizza joints - all of which sucked. Well, on Feb 16th, on my way to JFK, I stopped in for a quick slice, and was delighted to see Giovanni (John) back behind the counter. We chatted for a bit, but I had to get to the airport. He said he's back for good now, although because the old owners ran the Cristiano's name into the ground, it's now called Gio's (Giovanni) Pizza.

For those of you who frequented this place, and have missed him - he, and most of his old workers, are back. For those who don't know where this place is, it's on the Northwest corner of the intersection of the North (westbound) service road of the e-way and Waverly Ave.

Just an FYI, folks, and Mods, this is not spam, as I am not affiliated with this place at all, other than feeding my face there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 04:03 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay813629 View Post
As some of you may know, Cristianos Pizza in Holtsville was sold about a year and a half ago. Since then it has been 2 or 3 different pizza joints - all of which sucked. Well, on Feb 16th, on my way to JFK, I stopped in for a quick slice, and was delighted to see Giovanni (John) back behind the counter. We chatted for a bit, but I had to get to the airport. He said he's back for good now, although because the old owners ran the Cristiano's name into the ground, it's now called Gio's (Giovanni) Pizza.

For those of you who frequented this place, and have missed him - he, and most of his old workers, are back. For those who don't know where this place is, it's on the Northwest corner of the intersection of the North (westbound) service road of the e-way and Waverly Ave.

Just an FYI, folks, and Mods, this is not spam, as I am not affiliated with this place at all, other than feeding my face there.

Not exactly legendary.

Moderator cut: ..

crooks

Last edited by Keeper; 02-21-2009 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: report it if you think it is spam

Old 02-21-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Not exactly legendary.

Spam

crooks
Not supposed to be legendary. More of an FYI for those who were sorry to see it go. The food is good, employees courteous, and prices are right, so if you're not interested, feel free not to open the thread again. Your response was useless, sarcastic

Moderator cut: extremely rude remark .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 02-21-2009 at 05:44 PM..

Old 02-21-2009, 04:47 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay813629 View Post
Not supposed to be legendary. More of an FYI for those who were sorry to see it go. The food is good, employees courteous, and prices are right, so if you're not interested, feel free not to open the thread again. Your response was useless, sarcastic, and in general, a wonderful display of
Moderator cut: vulgar language removed.
See You Next Tuesday.

Good luck with the Grand Opening.

crooks

Last edited by nancy thereader; 02-21-2009 at 05:42 PM..

Old 02-21-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
See You Next Tuesday.

Good luck with the Grand Opening.

crooks
Moderator cut: extremely unnecessary

Last edited by nancy thereader; 02-21-2009 at 05:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island