Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 02:59 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Citbank has a checking account overdraft protection plan that uses the funds in your savings incase of an overdraft. Simple.
Do they charge a transfer fee? If they don't, I'll switch in a second!

Old 03-01-2009, 03:02 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,161,099 times
To be honest I dont think they do. I personally never had used it so I wont give you false info. I will check into it though. Not only that, I feel Citibank has a great online site. I never had a problem in 8 years with them. I pay every bill thru their automated bill pay.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:33 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,158,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPool1998 View Post
I just read that their credit card operation used to refuse to provide credit limits in their reports to the credit agencies. This would leave this information blank, and would sink your score. It was done so other credit card companies wouldn't want you and steal you away.

Credit Questions? Just Ask Nicole!: Capital One Sucks!

I can't believe I'm banking with these SOBS!
Thanks for the post.
I've been telling clients for years to stop doing (credit card) business with Capital One because of what it does to their FICO score.
A few actually called the company to complain, but were told that it was "company policy" and there was nothing that could be done about it if they wanted to keep their account... Some stayed, others closed their account.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:50 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I have overdraft w/ wamu, and they still charge like $13 if you have an overdraft transfer from savings. Isn't that ridiculous?
I have checking, savings & CDs with Wamu. I have ODLOC linked to the checking account so that it automatically transfers enough in the event I fall short in checking. I have never been charged a transfer fee; only interest on an ODLOC when it is used.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:55 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,805,176 times
I hated Northfork also here. We have a small business and imagine the amounts of time we have applied for smaller loans only to be told we arent the kind of business they want. We have never bounced a check in 18 years. Eventually we got a small business loan from the sba and its paid off.

Now I d all my banking with commerce. Thats not perfect either ; we have had checks written on our account twice that was not ours. They covered everything but still it shouldnt happen.

d

Old 03-02-2009, 07:28 AM

852 posts, read 2,017,785 times
I'm on the phone with CapitalOne right now. On the 25th, they confirmed that they'd made a mistake and said they'd reverse 6 $35 fees. They still haven't posted. Right now, they are showing no record of the conversation. This is strange, because I was on the phone with them 10 minutes ago, and they confirmed a record of this just before my call was disconnected.

Absolute disaster.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:32 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I have checking, savings & CDs with Wamu. I have ODLOC linked to the checking account so that it automatically transfers enough in the event I fall short in checking. I have never been charged a transfer fee; only interest on an ODLOC when it is used.
I need to go in and discuss this with them - mine is not a LOC but it's tied to my savings account and they charge me a fee! Maybe I need to switch it to draw from a credit line rather than savings.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:41 AM

Default Holy Smokes!

Now, the new agent says that my call on the 25th was of a different nature - dealing with a fee assessed when I opened the account in 2007. I never discussed this with the agent on the 25th (this happened just after I'd moved here and my accounts weren't properly arranged - my bad).

I asked to speak to a supervisor, and the supervisor told me that the account showed that the fees were being reversed.

So WTF? Is the first agent told to stonewall until someone asks to go up the ladder? As soon as this money is put back in my account, I'm close the account and getting to the credit union. Can't wait. I'll keep you posted.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:44 AM

Update:

My debit from Friday at Applebee's was processed at Midnight yesterday (Monday). It wasn't UNTIL they cleared the check that they added the tip that was part of the original charge. So, initially, they cleared it with no tip, and then added the tip about 4 days later.

Anyone suggesting that CapitalOne's online banking is there to help you track your spending is a liar.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:13 PM

486 posts, read 2,113,389 times
oh nooooo ! I just opened up a Capital One checking account today.

I decided I wanted a change from TD Bank (Commerce) because CO was offering rewards for everytime you used your debit card..etc. And I use my debit card all the time. Never carry cash.

Not sure what I should do after hearing everyone's negative complaints.

Whats the difference between the Corporate banks and the Credit Union banks? Which is safer to bank with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island