Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 03:58 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
I found out that sand area was a sand mine and back in 2002 that area was proposed to be multi-family dwellings. I assume that it got turned down since its 2009 and nothing's been done there yet.

Now that you mention that there were/are 10-15 people living in houses at the end, that is a bit of a concern.
If you go to the end youll see alot of cars and at certain times of the day dirt bikes driving through the sand.I still think in the next couple of years you'll see a bunch of houses,or complexes.It's a big chunk of land not being utilized and buying land now while prices are cheap would be smart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
they don't call it "Shady" Lane for nuthin' ya know...
ha!
It's a shame because the street that comes off of it(Peter St.) is a nice block and Coram as a whole is doing alot of good renovations the last 5 years.Also by the pond the new Avalon Pines complex.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:17 PM

544 posts, read 940,447 times
National Sex Offender Registry

Enter Coram, NY and have a look at the Sex offenders who are registered within a couple of blocks of Shady Lane.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:10 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,323,539 times
I think there's some trails from that Glacier Ridge park, which has trailheads at Brookhaven Town Hall, that wind up in that sandpit off Shady Lane. I've often thought of using it as a shortcut from a hike there to pick up the S58 bus vs the less frequent S71 at Town Hall. However, like other trail shortcuts, which as the section of Old Westhampton Road which is off Old Country Rd, they are private so I dont go there period.
Unfortunately many of these paths coming out of these preserves are marked poorly and often there are no signs you are entering private property, and you only find out when you are walking into a sand pit, someone's yard, or an obviously private road.
As far as living on Shady Lane, it's a stone's throw from Coram Plaza...stay away!

Old 03-19-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atypicalLIer View Post
National Sex Offender Registry

Enter Coram, NY and have a look at the Sex offenders who are registered within a couple of blocks of Shady Lane.
Kind of what you'd expect in coram with most of the offenders by homestead dr. gordon heights section

Old 03-19-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Kind of what you'd expect in coram with most of the offenders by homestead dr. gordon heights section

Most, but there is one who molested an 8 year-old on Planters (Platers?) Lane, a few blocks from Shady. Another on Skyline Dr who molested a 13 year-old, and yet one more working at PK Metals on Rte 112 right near Shady Lane -- he abused a 3 year-old.

Shady Lane sits within a pedophile triangle.

Old 03-20-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Most, but there is one who molested an 8 year-old on Planters (Platers?) Lane, a few blocks from Shady. Another on Skyline Dr who molested a 13 year-old, and yet one more working at PK Metals on Rte 112 right near Shady Lane -- he abused a 3 year-old.

Shady Lane sits within a pedophile triangle.
You'd be surprised where you find them.I've seen them in some of the strangest areas.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
You'd be surprised where you find them.I've seen them in some of the strangest areas.
I'm sure you have, but you're veering off topic. This is about Shady Lane, and I posted about the Sex Offenders in the immediate area.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
I'm sure you have, but you're veering off topic. This is about Shady Lane, and I posted about the Sex Offenders in the immediate area.
Not veering at all.I worked for the post office in this town and knew most of the areas people by name and i've met the guy in Bretton Woods (Skyline).They blend in well.My personal suggestion if you're looking at Coram is to stay north of middle country rd and west of coram-mt sinai rd.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Not veering at all.I worked for the post office in this town and knew most of the areas people by name and i've met the guy in Bretton Woods (Skyline).They blend in well.My personal suggestion if you're looking at Coram is to stay north of middle country rd and west of coram-mt sinai rd.
Quote:
When you wrote that and didn't apply it specifically to Coram, I was left with the impression that you were making a generalization about Long Island en toto.

Your postal experience in the area and suggestions, coupled with a thorough PFML or watchdog search of the area, can at least help the person considering the area make a decision as to whether or not to further their pursuit of a home there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island