Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 07:42 AM

1,302 posts, read 3,305,617 times

Advertisements

This one might be a start in Hauppauge. Around 500k, and zoned for two horses. Not sure how large you need the house to be, but this would be closer in than NE Brookhaven, etc.

http://lihorseproperties.com/searchlistings/showlisting.cfm?startrow=39 (broken link)#
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 09:07 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,166,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
I was merely referring to "horse country" if you read my post

And in this environment, there have actually been some bargains, even in West Hills - of course they don't last long (the minute the come on the market, the race begins).
Sometimes I see a great buy and just wish I had the "right" buyer at that moment Of course prospective buyers sometimes take too long to "think about it" and then it's gone
Acreage in West Hills for 450k without a time machine is wishful thinking Elke.You know that.

Besides thes 77 in Ridge and 4 in West Hills for sale.

Thanks for weighing in anyway

Crooks

Old 05-15-2009, 09:09 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,166,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrprofess View Post
This one might be a start in Hauppauge. Around 500k, and zoned for two horses. Not sure how large you need the house to be, but this would be closer in than NE Brookhaven, etc.

http://lihorseproperties.com/searchlistings/showlisting.cfm?startrow=39 (broken link)#

Keep in mind you also want a place to ride,many of the properties in Ridge border the 5000 acre Rocky Point Preserve.
Look by Whiskey rd, you can hop on, ride and go.

Its been a while since Ive seen a horse moseying down 111 JrP but hey y' never know.
; )

Blydenburg is a nice park and I think you can trailer in and ride.

Crooks

Old 05-15-2009, 10:41 AM

544 posts, read 938,562 times
I can't open Jrprof's Hauppauge link, but don't forget that Caleb Smith is right up the road, too.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:50 AM

187 posts, read 863,155 times
Check out Bohemia. Lots of horse properties and near Connetquot St Park. Here's an example:

http://www.mlsli.com/unidetailsredo_...tart=1&rpp=100

(MLS # 2139710 if the link is broken)

Old 05-15-2009, 12:38 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,152,502 times
^^MLSLI links dont work.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:20 PM

1,302 posts, read 3,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Keep in mind you also want a place to ride,many of the properties in Ridge border the 5000 acre Rocky Point Preserve.
Look by Whiskey rd, you can hop on, ride and go.

Its been a while since Ive seen a horse moseying down 111 JrP but hey y' never know.
; )

Blydenburg is a nice park and I think you can trailer in and ride.

Crooks
Crookhaven, Crookhaven, Crookhaven...I was just on Old Willet's Path the other day, and waiting to cross at the traffic light was, you guessed it, a horse. It is still very common and easy in that area to access the Blydenburgh trails and Caleb Smith park without the need for a trailer. Usually you can hop into the greenbelt from different points, or go through your backyard if it is a horse property in the Pines. It might be more convenient than NE brookhaven given she did not want to leave Nassau County. Just a suggestion...and all due respect to Kelly, but Ridge compared to Smithtown, well, I have my biases ...

Old 05-15-2009, 04:22 PM

638 posts, read 1,281,515 times
Although my property, 3 acres plus barns, etc. is for sale, it is out of the OP's price range. But I am familiar with most everything that IS available as I continue to research comps and new listings. There is a place in Medford that is for sale, and, in my humble opinion, a very good buy. The house is almost completely redone, and the property is very nice, 5 stall barn, riding ring. A friend of mine owns it, and it's in the OP's range. Medford is probably closer to Ronk station than Ridge, too.

Actually I went to an open house for another Medford place, 8 stall barn, 3 acres, riding ring, very nice house, dual room fireplace and all!! Also in that same price range and a good buy!!

Old 05-15-2009, 06:31 PM

17 posts, read 49,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boyzjm View Post
Saw lower prices online for Middle Island, but heard it's a bad nabe?

I live in MI and i have no problem with the area. I would stay away from the condo properties but since you can't keep your horse there that shouldn't be a problem

Try Ridge area also. We live basically where Middle Island, Ridge and Rocky Point kinda meet and there is plenty of state land trails. There is also a large horse farm(?) behind our neighborhood. not sure if they have shows or some sort of competitions on Sundays but we can hear their speaker system lol.
Thanx for the info, my2boyz. It was actually somewhere on this site where someone said to steer clear of MI; that plus the fact the houses seem to be a lot less $ than other places had me wondering. But on your word, I'm gonna keep it open as an option!

Any idea what the LIRR commute is like? Thanx again.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:34 PM

17 posts, read 49,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron View Post
Check out Bohemia. Lots of horse properties and near Connetquot St Park. Here's an example:

http://www.mlsli.com/unidetailsredo_...tart=1&rpp=100

(MLS # 2139710 if the link is broken)
Thanx for doing a search for me, Arron, I'll check it out!

We were in Bohemia the other day, looked at few properties...I dunno, that whole Islip Terrace/Bohemia/N Great River area (at least the areas I saw, with the horse properties) looks kinda run down and sorta blah (no offense to anyone who lives there)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island