Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 08:33 PM

654 posts, read 2,120,950 times

Advertisements

Okay, I know this is not a very important topic but I just have to mention the decline in the quality of the Dunkin' Donuts.

I live in Commack and I go to the DUnkin' Donut'/Baskin Robins combo store. I have to say that ever since the started making their donuts off site the quality has greatly declined.

I bought donuts yesterday and the guy told me that they stopped making powdered and cinnamon donuts. WHAT THE @*!*!? But aside from that their donuts are so dry. They used to be moist and had a little heaviness to them.

When I lived in East Rockaway I would get me donuts from the one in Lynbrook on Sunrise Highway. I know they used to make them there. I wonder if they still do. I think yesterday was my last day to ever buy a donut from Dunkin Donuts. What a same. Maybe they will open a TIm Hortons here soon.

Anyone experience the same problem? Anyone have a great place to buy donuts on the island?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 03:20 AM

106,675 posts, read 108,856,202 times
i had trouble reading this post.... i think im cruller-blind.......

Old 07-27-2009, 04:21 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,141,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnSells View Post
Okay, I know this is not a very important topic but I just have to mention the decline in the quality of the Dunkin' Donuts.

I live in Commack and I go to the DUnkin' Donut'/Baskin Robins combo store. I have to say that ever since the started making their donuts off site the quality has greatly declined.

I bought donuts yesterday and the guy told me that they stopped making powdered and cinnamon donuts. WHAT THE @*!*!? But aside from that their donuts are so dry. They used to be moist and had a little heaviness to them.

When I lived in East Rockaway I would get me donuts from the one in Lynbrook on Sunrise Highway. I know they used to make them there. I wonder if they still do. I think yesterday was my last day to ever buy a donut from Dunkin Donuts. What a same. Maybe they will open a TIm Hortons here soon.

Anyone experience the same problem? Anyone have a great place to buy donuts on the island?
oh my! I know the guy who owns the dunkin donuts in commack. Im not going to comment on him, or should I? he's from massapequa, his name is Anthony....I could go on about everything else but I wont.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:23 AM

I always go to DD. That particular store probably stopped making them. my local one doesnt seeel apple cinnamon crumb but another one a half mile away does. its up to the store.

and give the owner a slap in his head for me.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:24 AM

431 posts, read 1,310,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
oh my! I know the guy who owns the dunkin donuts in commack. Im not going to comment on him, or should I? he's from massapequa, his name is Anthony....I could go on about everything else but I wont.
Now I need to know

Old 07-27-2009, 04:26 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,974 times
Quote:
Ok so you didn't really help out but you wanted to let everyone know that you know the owner. Score.

I agree with the OP...I was actually there a couple weeks ago while visiting the Tanger Outlets in Deer Park. The boston creme donut I had tasted like it was leftover from the day before as it was hard and the chocolate look like it had melted at one point and then resolidified. While I haven't previously been there, its been the worst donut I've eaten at a dunkin donuts.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Ok so you didn't really help out but you wanted to let everyone know that you know the owner. Score.

I agree with the OP...I was actually there a couple weeks ago while visiting the Tanger Outlets in Deer Park. The boston creme donut I had tasted like it was leftover from the day before as it was hard and the chocolate look like it had melted at one point and then resolidified. While I haven't previously been there, its been the worst donut I've eaten at a dunkin donuts.
perhaps they are selling old, stale donuts? its possible. times are rough and they probably arent tossing out the donuts from the day before and are reselling them.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:00 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,974 times
Quote:
perhaps they are selling old, stale donuts? its possible. times are rough and they probably arent tossing out the donuts from the day before and are reselling them.
true, unfortunately its a good way to lose customers as well....which I'm sure more and more owners now are willing to take that risk...I know I won't be going back there. Dunkin Donuts are a dime a dozen...I'll just see where the next closest one is next time I'm in the area...I'm pretty sure there's at least one within a mile or two of this one

Old 07-27-2009, 05:15 AM

431 posts, read 1,310,901 times
They better watch out for Tim Hortons. I've seen them in Penn Station, they are from Canada and have ousted DD and taken over their locations there. I haven't tried them yet but soon enough.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:38 AM

654 posts, read 2,120,950 times
Lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island