Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 12:11 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,730,371 times

Advertisements

I noticed that the street that runs along where the LIRR Wyandanch station is has been closed for construction for quite some time. Also, the strip mall across from the station was torn down quite a while ago.

I see they're building something there, but there is no indication what it is. Also, what about LIRR parking over there? Are they building a decent and safe parking area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 10:11 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,533,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I noticed that the street that runs along where the LIRR Wyandanch station is has been closed for construction for quite some time. Also, the strip mall across from the station was torn down quite a while ago.

I see they're building something there, but there is no indication what it is. Also, what about LIRR parking over there? Are they building a decent and safe parking area?
I don't know what they are building. But a police station would be ideal! Sad when McDonalds closes in a neiborhood!

Old 03-01-2014, 02:11 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,162,875 times
Pretty sure that some type of urban development thing passed a year ago. Maybe that's it?

Old 03-01-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
I don't know what they are building. But a police station would be ideal! Sad when McDonalds closes in a neiborhood!

They actually have a police substation in Wyandanch. It's been there for decades. Doesn't seem to help much, though, since the cops are typically hanging out in the firehouse on Straight Path while their unoccupied vehicles are left with the engines running in the parking lot.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Pretty sure that some type of urban development thing passed a year ago. Maybe that's it?

It just seems that the street there (LI Ave? Acorn St?) has been closed down for quite a while and they've been "doing construction" on the buildings but there never seems to be any progress nor any hint of what's to be there.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:44 PM

409 posts, read 512,270 times
The 40-acre first phase calls for 750 to 1,050 dwelling units, plus substantial retail and civic space, and a few offices. The project is centered on a new plaza at the Wyandanch Station of the Long Island Railroad (LIRR).

Old 03-01-2014, 10:08 PM

715 posts, read 1,234,457 times
It's the Wyandanch Rising project underway. I believe this is the company behind it:
Albanese

Old 03-01-2014, 11:51 PM

431 posts, read 1,311,053 times
I was told a motel or apartment complex. And I parked there once right against the platform and when I came home 2 of my windows were bashed in and 1 of my doors. My car was trashed inside. Never again!

Old 03-02-2014, 09:51 AM

Geez.... all they need is a 'motel' in Wyandanch. I can just see the crackhead hookers hanging around the LIRR station now....

I wonder what kind of apartment complex? Will it be low income or an actual halfway decent apartment complex?

Old 03-02-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okellies View Post
It's the Wyandanch Rising project underway. I believe this is the company behind it:
Albanese

Are those renderings what they actually expect it to look like??? They better have a massive security detail if they want to keep it looking that way!!!!!

I have a feeling that "Wyandanch Rising" is going to turn into "Wyandanch Gentrifying".

That "Wyandanch Rising" crap has been around for decades and absolutely NOTHING has changed there! It's still a crime and drug-infested cesspool with residents who have no pride in themselves or their environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island