Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2012, 02:04 AM

999 posts, read 2,358,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo_michael View Post
Being as naive as I am, I went to a few open houses in the area when I was looking to buy. Here's the impression that I got.

The people moving in, or the people who have in the past few years seemed decent. They moved there as a result of being self aware, realizing they can't afford to live where they want. It was definitely different from the mother crowds I see on the N. Shore, with their yoga attire and lattes, but whatevs. I was lost, looking for a cross street, and I asked a group of mother standing on the corner waiting for a school bus, for directions. They were kind and helpful.

The problems is the trash that lives there now, trash and appliances in the front lawn, constant dog barking, parents that couldn't care any less where their teenage daughter is at 12am, and people doing whatever it takes to make a quick buck even if it's at the expense of others.

Lmao, yoga and lattes are the ideal that makes a neighborhood good...

Right, and daughters only do that from mastic and shirley... Moderator cut: language removed world are you from, one where you only use 2 doors, the one at your home and the one at work....

That bs is EVERYWHERE...... Maybe you need me to take you for a ride across long island and i'll come to a complete stop at every town that has these same problems and people and take pictures for you in-case you forget so you can look back at them.

Dogs bark everywhere, people put appliances out everywhere, teenage daughters sneak out and or go out everywhere.

These posts where some of you just want to point out bs as if it only happens there only show some of us that know for a fact that these are the people that lock themselves in asap. . . AND . . . have no clue of their own surroundings.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 09-30-2012 at 09:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 12:21 PM

1,144 posts, read 2,990,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
Lmao, yoga and lattes are the ideal that makes a neighborhood good...

Right, and daughters only do that from mastic and shirley... Moderator cut: language removed world are you from, one where you only use 2 doors, the one at your home and the one at work....

That bs is EVERYWHERE...... Maybe you need me to take you for a ride across long island and i'll come to a complete stop at every town that has these same problems and people and take pictures for you in-case you forget so you can look back at them.

Dogs bark everywhere, people put appliances out everywhere, teenage daughters sneak out and or go out everywhere.

These posts where some of you just want to point out bs as if it only happens there only show some of us that know for a fact that these are the people that lock themselves in asap. . . AND . . . have no clue of their own surroundings.

you know, the cases I gave were just examples. It's not the definitive guide to great/bad neighborhoods. Jeez.

Maybe you're the one blind to the world, because if I put an old fridge in my front lawn and it sat there for a week, I would not be surprised if the neighbors or the village came knocking on my door.

Also, teenagers would get picked up by the police after 12am if they were on Main St. here.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:54 PM

140 posts, read 214,481 times
Quote:
you know, the cases I gave were just examples. It's not the definitive guide to great/bad neighborhoods. Jeez.

Maybe you're the one blind to the world, because if I put an old fridge in my front lawn and it sat there for a week, I would not be surprised if the neighbors or the village came knocking on my door.

Also, teenagers would get picked up by the police after 12am if they were on Main St. here.
Is patchogue that much higher on the totem pole than mastic and Shirley? when did that happen

Last time I was there with my friend we went to get coffee. saw some shady strung out looking characters and saw a bum passed out in the coffee shop it looked like he was sitting in his own feces. Also they don't have no curfew. It's the same pd as shirley and mastic.

Old 09-30-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo631 View Post
Is patchogue that much higher on the totem pole than mastic and Shirley? when did that happen

Last time I was there with my friend we went to get coffee. saw some shady strung out looking characters and saw a bum passed out in the coffee shop it looked like he was sitting in his own feces. Also they don't have no curfew. It's the same pd as shirley and mastic.
"They don't have no" huh?

I know it's the same PD. Also, I didn't say anything about a curfew, since i'm not aware of such law.

There are kids around the coffee shop late at night, playing guitar and stuff, 100% harmless I'm certain. Actually, it's kind of nice! But I've seen an officer talking to the kids there after 12am. Looked like the kids were told to go home since they started to pack up as the officer walked away. I think it was just some discretion of the officer, and not some enforcement of a law.

BTW, where did you see this bum? You can't be talking about Roast?

Old 09-30-2012, 03:03 PM

12 posts, read 103,097 times
Jesus man the bum's name is Roast??

Old 09-30-2012, 09:00 PM

377 posts, read 644,576 times
Lol. No, the cute artsy coffeehouse in Patchogue is called Roast. I love that place!

Old 10-02-2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:

Teenagers in your town do the work the local govt and police don't, although they went a little far, but says a lot about a town when kids gotta do things like that to keep the bs out and the towns people do nothing.

Can't be that good with that bs going on, or you're gonna deny the real truth of the issue...

So tell me of this neighborhood that exists and fridges remain there for weeks on lawn, maybe get an address of this so called tale and i'll go past it EVERYDAY to see such an episode from a window in a make believe world....

You leave anything metal anywhere and in 5 minutes it'll be gone...

Patchoque is no different than anywhere else as anywhere else is no different than everywhere else... on long island anyway.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Teenagers in your town do the work the local govt and police don't, although they went a little far, but says a lot about a town when kids gotta do things like that to keep the bs out and the towns people do nothing.

Can't be that good with that bs going on, or you're gonna deny the real truth of the issue...

So tell me of this neighborhood that exists and fridges remain there for weeks on lawn, maybe get an address of this so called tale and i'll go past it EVERYDAY to see such an episode from a window in a make believe world....

You leave anything metal anywhere and in 5 minutes it'll be gone...

Patchoque is no different than anywhere else as anywhere else is no different than everywhere else... on long island anyway.
I'm surprised you haven't seen ANY houses in the are that are like this! It seems to be a common theme there.

Well anyway, since you asked I'll tell you where I saw them. So, please post a picture, time stamped, everyday so we can verify and track your progress.

The Houses that I saw personally are on Fairview, Harrison, and Robinson Dr.. It's on of those streets where I saw the multiple houses with washers/dryer/AC units/mowers/industrial pumps/tracktors, etc. It's Right off of WF Pkwy. It doesn't disappear from the front lawn "in 5 minutes" because it's not left out as trash.

It's like the home owners are operating a junk yard, or permanent yard sale right out of their house.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:44 PM

Ok fairview and harrison and the other is robinson drive and _______ what cross street , in shirley since right off WFP is shirley.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Ok fairview and harrison and the other is robinson drive and _______ what cross street , in shirley since right off WFP is shirley.

Did you ever read the Title of this thread? Mastic beach AND Shirley. Wow.

Besides, when I Google "Harrison Drive, Shirley" It tells me "Harrison Drive, Mastic Beach, NY 11967." So, are you the new Walter? Please, entertain me. Post a map and tell me that Harrison Drive is in Shirley.

Why do you need a cross street? Can't find those three streets on your Tom Tom? It begins on the East end at Sheridan, and Ends on the West at Johns Neck. It doesn't intersect or cross any other streets.

Where's my picture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island