Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 10:09 PM

294 posts, read 879,263 times

Advertisements

Have seen quite a few flashes these past two weeks while approaching red lights in Nassau County. Wondering if anyone here has received a ticket in the mail from these new cameras.
There is also an intersection on Hempstead Turnpike that should have one of these cameras and does not. Would love to catch the idiots that blow that light - every single time I sit at the intersection, I see a car go through the red.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 07:14 AM

264 posts, read 878,312 times
People OOS actually found it ridiculous that anyone would run a red light- but I was like.. "People in New York do it all the time."
I don't know anyone but I hope someone does get caught.. it puts a lot of people at risk.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:23 AM

732 posts, read 1,735,105 times
I'd laugh when they do this in Suffolk. They'd make so much money from people running the William Floyd/Montauk intersection.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:06 PM
LIR

77 posts, read 295,232 times
I know someone who was caught making a right on red at a "No turn on red" intersection. She got a $50 ticket in the mail along with 3 photos of her "in the act."

Old 11-09-2009, 01:14 PM

66 posts, read 232,671 times
I know of many people who have gotten caught at Newbridge Road and Bellmore Avenue. Cameras are only on Newbridge going North and South. People have started hanging out in Dunkin Donuts parking lot watching the light go off and the people there make noise and clap

Old 11-09-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parliament View Post
I know of many people who have gotten caught at Newbridge Road and Bellmore Avenue. Cameras are only on Newbridge going North and South. People have started hanging out in Dunkin Donuts parking lot watching the light go off and the people there make noise and clap
Love that! The ones I have seen are at Old Country and Jerusalem in Hicksville (going east/west) and at Central Avenue and Stewart in Bethpage (also east/west)

Old 11-09-2009, 02:12 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times
Beating red lights never seemed to be a major Long Island issue. Now let's talk about tailgating...its a hobby, pastime and sport here usually played to perfection by your typical LI soccer mom in her mini-van.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Beating red lights never seemed to be a major Long Island issue. Now let's talk about tailgating...its a hobby, pastime and sport here usually played to perfection by your typical LI soccer mom in her mini-van.
Have to disagree on that one. Tailgating I see is usually a 20-something nimrod in a hurry to get to 7-11 for a Slurpee (I admit I did tailgate at 20ish).
...and no, I do not drive a mini-van, nor do my kids play soccer. I hate tailgating!! And now it worse with T-E-X-T-I-N-G

Old 11-09-2009, 02:30 PM

2,666 posts, read 7,336,372 times
What do you do when somebody tailgates you ?

Old 11-09-2009, 02:33 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times
I use to slam on my brakes but that is just asking for trouble and invites the tailgator to go into roadrage. Usually tailgaters are just a sub-species to roadragers so any excuse will do them to act like idiots.
I employ "grandma" driving with them. You know...you speed up, then slow down, speed up a little, then slow way down, speed up some more, slow down even more...gets them crazy without triggering roadrage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island