Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 12:52 PM

16 posts, read 60,000 times

Advertisements

There seems to be a limited amount of funds available for all of the victims.
I am sure that the management and the attorney do not want to go to prison and will try to accommodate those victims who pressure them the most.

Please act fast by getting an aggressive lawyer as soon as possible as interest is accruing every day for at least 30 remainaing loans that were not paid off.

Perhaps the FHA can be held responsible for your losses if the the perpetrayers of this situation aren't able to pay since it was the FHA who decided to allow the same crew to go from one bank to another unscathed.

The FHA has some duty to protect the public, especially in cases where it had the knowledge that the ones in charge were involved in criminal acts involving mortgage loans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 05:31 PM

Still no progress. If a a starving man steals $20 he will probably be locked up. When a millionaire steals millions, it is considered par for the course and nothing happens. Somebody has to stop this insanity. There were millions of dollars involved and many lives affected. Can you imagine selling your home to receive a bounced check in the end. Most of the time the proceeds from a sale are the entire life savings of an entire family.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:14 PM

I hear that many ex employees of Lend America are cooperating with the government. I take back my previous post. The wrongdoers will not go unpunished. The government has a lot of patience and years to bring the indictments. That means that assuming the last criminal act occurred in September 2009, the government has until 2014 to get all of their ducks (and rats) in a row.

Last edited by Lawyerman; 03-05-2010 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-23-2010, 02:14 PM

Default Ashley a No Show

Michael Ashley failed to defend himself or hire an attorney in the Civil lawsuit brought by the government and as a result FHA is asking for a default judgement. If the government is only interested in banning the Ashley crew from the business, then their goal has been accomplished. But what about all of the people who didn't have their loans paid off? Or the sellers of homes who got a bounced check from Lend America's attorney? How about the ruined credit for these people who didn't have their loans paid off? Who is sticking up for these people? Where did all this money go? Where is the money? It must be in the millions.
The government has not been hurt by these crimes, real people like you and me were hurt. Maybe that is why the government isn't interested in finding where the money went or to punish the wrongdoers.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:59 PM

1,917 posts, read 5,345,615 times
I'm confused. Does this mean a guy sold his house and never got paid for it? How is that even possible?

Old 04-25-2010, 11:04 AM

55 posts, read 176,951 times
Default Possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
I'm confused. Does this mean a guy sold his house and never got paid for it? How is that even possible?
The whole story is that Lend America's attorney wrote and escrow check that Wells Fargo claimed never to have recieved. Now almost 6 months after the closing the money has never come through. Is there anyone out there in a similar situation with Lend America?

Old 04-25-2010, 11:10 AM

i know its hard to believe but it is my understanding that in a number of occasions, sellers sold their homes and received a worthless check in return. The lender, Lend America, received funds from the investor but did not disburse it at the closings.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:52 AM

When will it ever end. Mike Ashley once again hurting all those who are associated with him. This time his poor parents. In todays Newsday, it is reported that a lawsuit was initiated alleging that Ashley siphoned off 3.2 million dollars from Lend America's to his Racing Team and a corporation that listed his parents home as the place of business. If he was only in charge of marketing as he claims, how can he have the ability to do this?

Old 12-05-2010, 07:40 AM

63 posts, read 164,038 times
Find another atty quickly-you could be placed in forclosure on the former property(funds could have gone into the pocket of Mr.Golden)(Lend America were crooks, Michael Ashley)and contact NYS Banking Dept.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:43 AM

63 posts, read 164,038 times
Ken Ashley was in jail for Mortgage Fraud and released after serving his time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island