Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 02:35 PM

1,917 posts, read 5,344,743 times

Advertisements

In before the lock.

In review: 2 of the most stubborn posters at CD went head to head, learned nothing.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:35 PM

2,666 posts, read 7,335,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Dman...the driving time from Rocky Point to Melville probably is about 40 minutes. I drive from Massapequa to RP twice a week and it takes about 50 minutes. Of course, this is not in the middle of rush hour.

So, at best, Crooks is exaggerating the ride by perhaps 10 minutes under the best of driving conditions..worse at the height of rush hour.

So that is enough to make you charge windmills on your horse?
Hi Gpsma,
Are you traveling against the traffic ? I mean morning commute from Pequa to RP will be less than RP to Pequa.... just saying.... maybe you are taking exit 68 as it should be faster than exit 63 !!

Moreover my past experience with Google has been accurate and RP to Pequa is 58 mins (normal conditions).... so again.... I could have just said that I drive from X to Y 3 times a week and it takes me Z minutes, but I rather not.... yeah I love the internet !!

On a different note....

Wow, this thread is on a dead end road and speeding up like a Toyota.... lol !!
Moderator cut: off topic

Whats the next RP thread going to be about ? Anyone heading to the bar tonight ?

Last edited by Keeper; 03-23-2010 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: disccussing members is not allowed

Old 03-23-2010, 02:40 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Not looking for your address here...just a general area..how's that?

Believe me, I won't be coming knocking at your door.
Smithtown/Nesconset/Ronkonkoma area, exit 58 north on the LIE.

3 minutes from a duck pond

7 minutes from a gazillion acre nature preserve (Connetquot state park)

25 or 30 minutes or so from Robert Moses.

10 minutes from Smith Haven Mall.

15 minutes from crack dealers and El Salvadoran Gangbangers (CI)

5 minutes from lovely Lake Ronkonkoma where my kid can mingle with the aforementioned riff raff on the brand new playground equipment and walk on a broken glass encrusted beach.

We love it here.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Right I'm hung up.

Hung up=Bellport is a sub-par district and you didn't like hearing it, so you have an axe to grind. Another Anecdotal sooth-sayer with a disdain for statistics. I FEEL like this is a safer area, or I THINK this is a great school district.

Hahahahahahahahahaha! I have an axe to grind??
I just enjoy pointing out hypocracy when I see it. Honestly, that's the only reason I even come here.
UNLIKE YOU, I don't even discuss school districts anymore and haven't in a long time. It's just not worth it, among the people who know SO much.
You and Crooks are one in the same-that's what makes this thread so super awesome. You're Mr.SD, he's Mr. RP.
Wanna feel safe? I guess you can't move to RP. They kill each other there.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:47 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,705,479 times
Thanks for telling me where you live dman...the whole area sucks and is a cesspool etc etc etal.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:49 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
Hahahahahahahahahaha! I have an axe to grind??
I just enjoy pointing out hypocracy when I see it. Honestly, that's the only reason I even come here.
UNLIKE YOU, I don't even discuss school districts anymore and haven't in a long time. It's just not worth it, among the people who know SO much.
You and Crooks are one in the same-that's what makes this thread so super awesome. You're Mr.SD, he's Mr. RP.
Wanna feel safe? I guess you can't move to RP. They kill each other there.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.
Talk about a complete absence of logic. Thinking that school districts are important is the same as cheerleading for one town? You're lost.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Talk about a complete absence of logic. Thinking that school districts are important is the same as cheerleading for one town? You're lost.
Talk about a complete absence of reading comprehension...

Old 03-23-2010, 02:51 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times
Quote:
Ex--CUUUUUSSEE me?

There is a wide open gaping wound with Crooks with the Rocky Point commute thing, and I refuse to let it go because he refuses to honestly admit that he's wrong.....anyone who lives in this area knows that he is full of it.

He could remove all of my power so easily, but he just can't help himself. We'll see the next time someone asks for help with an area in Suffolk.

The commute sucks here!Not to mention the bullets.
10k people all working at McCarricks Dairy.How do we survive?

I just put a sign in may lawn.

Ronkonkcondo here we come!!!!

Old 03-23-2010, 03:01 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,510,359 times
Quote:
He's been doing it since I've signed up here, and I've never really given him too much flak about it before, but lately when he gets called on his pro-RP BS, he starts taking personal shots, saying "oh, I live in the great Rocky Point, you are a loser for not living on the NORTH SHORE with a gazillion acre nature preserve, beautiful beaches, etc, like I do", I go right on the offensive.

Rocky Point's housing values are in line with places like Sachem School District....there's a reason for that, despite the great North Shore location, and theres a reason that people like me who could easily afford to live there wouldn't consider it, yet this guy thinks he's Gatsby or something. You don't see people on here defending much better areas with nearly the fanaticism that crooks does RP.

In terms of CD forum, people come on here looking for advice on areas, and you have one guy who is an over the top unabashed cheerleader for his home town, far above and beyond what anyone says about any other area.

Just kidding, though.
Moderator cut: .. If anybody comes on here and really believes that they can get to Manhattan in 60 minutes from RP or that the schools are on par with 3V or even Miller Place, then they deserve what they've gotten themselves into.

And I've got nothing against Rocky Point (or Sound Beach) either! In fact, in another thread I just said how nice a place it was....it just seems like a really silly place to live if you don't work in the immediate area, which most Long Islanders do not.

Can somebody tell me why the other thread was deleted? I've been really busy the last couple days, but I did check the board yesterday and saw a "Murder in Rocky Point" thread that is no longer with us. I didn't read it though...

Oh, also....SB & RP are definitely the same community, at least the side of SB in RPSD. Claiming otherwise would be like me claiming that Levittown is a completely separate community from where I live, and what happens there is irrelevant to me. It's just some imaginary lines, same schools, same people, blah blah blah.

Last edited by Keeper; 03-23-2010 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: discuss the topic not other members

Old 03-23-2010, 03:03 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,705,479 times
Quote:
Rocky Point beat me up when I was 7, now I'm trying to get back at it.
This is good..this is good. Share with the group, we are here to help you. You are not a bad person. It is not your fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island