Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 01:51 PM

7 posts, read 27,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
Depending on traffic, anywhere between 45-90 minutes....maybe even a little more.

Far Rockaway is also (arguably) the worst neighborhood in New York City not located in The Bronx, so you might want to consider that. Since you know Albany, think Arbor Hill or South End but with way more murders. If you go further west on the Rockaway Peninsula, there are nicer communities but your commute would just be ridiculous at that point. The whole place is very isolated from everything.

I'm also pretty sure those particular buildings you're looking at used to be NYCHA public housing projects LOL. You're not really gonna find mid-rise apartments like that too many places in Nassau - the only ones that come to mind are in Great Neck, Long Beach, Glen Cove and Hempstead. The first three are a little out of your price range, the last one is like Far Rockaway but not near the beach.

Looking along the LIRR line through Queens is a good idea, as someone else mentioned. Flushing and Bayside both have tons of apartments.

Port North - There aren't any garden apartment 1BRs in Port Washington for $1250?
Thanks for the reply.I appreciate you providing me details regardst to this.Can you refer me any good apartment in flushing area. Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 06:04 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,511,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by san3297 View Post
Thanks for the reply.I appreciate you providing me details regardst to this.Can you refer me any good apartment in flushing area. Thank You.
I don't know any specific ones well enough to recommend them, or even what prices are exactly - but it's a highly urbanized (and large) area so I'm confident there is definitely something in your price range. The Auburndale, Broadway and Murray Hill LIRR stations are all in "Flushing" so you're not limited to just one, small area. You could also look in College Point, Whitestone, Fresh Meadows....basically anywhere that has a bus connection to the LIRR. Total commute time will still be 30-45 minutes max.

Ask on the NYC forums, they'll be able to provide you with a much better answer than I can!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island