Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 02:47 PM

852 posts, read 2,017,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
That's union hog. I miss crooks too. TY for using one of his sayings.

The key is how much BELOW for 1 person (1 teacher) vs ENTIRE HOUSEHOLD? Not much below. Maybe a couple thousand. My heart bleeds for them.

Why are you pretending that the taxpayers have anything to do with the union contracts for the teachers when you know very well when the budget comes around to be voted on, all the raises, benefits, etc., have already been decided on for teachers and administrators and what is voted on by the taxpaying public is the left-over scraps of money for the kids. So the taxpayers ended up voting yes to the budget because they think they can still afford it. However, if there aren't any meaningful reforms, I guarantee you there will come a time when the school budgets do not pass because the taxpayers will not be able to continue to fund them. Just wait and see.

PS: How's your wife enjoying her career as a LI public school teacher?

First, voters have a lot to do with it. They elect their representatives; maybe it's different in your district.

Second, thanks for bringing my wife into this. Class act. She isn't a school teacher.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:40 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
Thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island