Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 10:19 AM

27 posts, read 108,714 times

Advertisements

Hi i am not sure if this is a bad place to post this and if is it is i apologize ahead of time. i am from NJ i am looking to move to long island i am looking for apartment in the hauppauge area i tried craigslist no real luck i wanted to know if any one knows of any sites they could rec or if any one knows of a 2 bedroom apartment for rent for around $1400
I don't have any kids, I am single, I am quiet. I am 30 years old. I don't part.
if possible allows pets not a must i don't have any i wanted to adopt a dog
I work full time.

if any one knows of a site or of apartment in hauppauge please let me know

thank you
Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 10:50 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,888 times
$1400 is a little low for a 2br apt. Most 1brs are 1000-1200$ from my recent apartment search. I got lucky with my $1400br apartment on the south shore of Nassau but we were looking at a very small 1br apartment with utilities included in Great Neck for $1350. Not sure exactly about Hauppauge but this was my (very very recent -- within 1 month) experience.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:01 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,336,372 times
There are a couple on Veterans Hwy a.k.a Rt 454 just north of exit 57 off of the LIE.
Check them out, but I think as the PP said it will be around $1600+ or so for the 2 beds, but it never hurts to check as these days the rents have been falling too, and they might have a move in special.

I do not know where you work, so I am giving you a couple of alternatives.
The Victorian Gardens in Holtsville. (Abt 10 mins east of exit 57 on LIE) The 2 br's are close to $1500 and they come with 2 baths. I am not sure about the maintenance and service standards, but that complex is HUGE !!

Colony Park in Ronkonkoma (abt 6 mins east of exit 57 on LIE) should have 2 br's a little more than Victorian Gardens, but it has just one bath. The maintenance is good, but you will not get the security deposit back (I am serious !)

Old 05-14-2010, 11:20 AM

thank you both for the info.
the conplex your talking about is it a fearfield? i was reading the reviews it seems every one who lives there only has conplaints about crime,broken windows,leaks,cars stolen?

Old 05-14-2010, 11:27 AM

305 posts, read 1,004,830 times
The only two I know of actually in Happauge as you mention is Fairfield there is two of them on Vets Hwy and Devonshire Hills 1 & 2. Cant tell you much about Fairfield but they have a bad rep, and

Devonshire is very small and not worth the $$$$. There is maintenance going in and out of your apt like they pay rent, they dont clean up only once in the spring a few times, drugs smokers, and parties all times at night but they do have a pool in the summer

The people are nice until they get your money and then some they are nice to and other well lets just say not.

I am renting here now but soon as my lease is up then I am out, but if you catch them when they are empty you may get something for a little over 1400 but not 1500

Old 05-14-2010, 11:31 AM

305 posts, read 1,004,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingnowere View Post
thank you both for the info.
the conplex your talking about is it a fearfield? i was reading the reviews it seems every one who lives there only has conplaints about crime,broken windows,leaks,cars stolen?
The two mention one is Victoria Gardens, it is a nice place but the reviews are not great. I was going to work for them and move in the complex but once I went back to view and check out the area I changed my mind.
The complex is very large and it is own and mgmt by the same people and that is a good thing at times in that you would think they would take care of things, but it could be bad in that they cut several corners.

The other one I dont know too much about

Old 05-14-2010, 12:13 PM

184 posts, read 805,971 times
^^victoria gardens is located in holtsville, not happauge.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:14 PM

184 posts, read 805,971 times
Is a 1 bedroom totally out of the question?

Old 05-14-2010, 12:31 PM

i would perfer a 2 bedroom but i will end up getting a 1 bedroom i see it all ready
thank you all for your help.
if am going to get a 1 bedroom nonbasement does it pay to go to private like what i see on craigslist?

Old 05-14-2010, 01:05 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,888 times
Be on the lookout for apartments with brokers fees.. they typically want 1 months worth of rent (on top of security deposit/first months rent) for showing you an apartment.. it's ludicrous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island