Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 12:12 PM

584 posts, read 871,839 times

Advertisements

All of the people who post negative things about hempstead probably don't live there. I currently live there and I also have lived in other areas that have nice reputation, but it wasn't as nice as hempstead. Unfortunately you will find crime anywhere you go, but some areas are not talked about. Hempstead has parts that is not desirable just like any other neighborhood. You have a lot of decent hard working people living there like myself. You be the judge by visiting for a couple of day, then decide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 01:58 PM

44 posts, read 180,674 times
Wouldn't even drive through it. Avoid Hempstead at all costs. Too bad it used be nice. It's been ruined.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convertible1968 View Post
Wouldn't even drive through it. Avoid Hempstead at all costs. Too bad it used be nice. It's been ruined.
You are definitely over reacting and I take offense to this because I live their with my husband and children, We are hard working educated people who care about how we live. My area is tree lined streets and neatly manicured lawn so stop painting a negative picture if you don't everything about hempstead.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:15 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equal-Opp. View Post
You are definitely over reacting and I take offense to this because I live their with my husband and children, We are hard working educated people who care about how we live. My area is tree lined streets and neatly manicured lawn so stop painting a negative picture if you don't everything about hempstead.
You probably live in Cathedral Gardens or Ingraham Estates. Yes, there are beautiful houses and streets there, but the property taxes are certainly killer for many of the homes (mid-teens and up per year), especially considering the school district(s) the homes are assigned to.

The portion of Hempstead the OP is asking about and people are cautioning her against is smack in the middle of Hempstead VILLAGE, so please don't take offense!

Old 05-25-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
You probably live in Cathedral Gardens or Ingraham Estates. Yes, there are beautiful houses and streets there, but the property taxes are certainly killer for many of the homes (mid-teens and up per year), especially considering the school district(s) the homes are assigned to.

The portion of Hempstead the OP is asking about and people are cautioning her against is smack in the middle of Hempstead VILLAGE, so please don't take offense!
No I don't live on either Cathedral Gardens or Ingram Estates. (ingrams estates is part of the village) I am familiar with all of hempstead having living there for numerous years. I am just making a point that it is a fact all of hempstead is not what you hear or read. I live in one the better areas as catherdral and ingram. There are plenty that look like those areas. I know there are a lot of non desireables also but it is like that in all neighborhoods on long island; it's just not profiled the same. I never saw a positive post about hempstead and it is not fair, when most neighborhoos suffer from the same problems.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
No I don't live on either Cathedral Gardens or Ingram Estates. (ingrams estates is part of the village) I am familiar with all of hempstead having living there for numerous years. I am just making a point that it is a fact all of hempstead is not what you hear or read. I live in one the better areas as catherdral and ingram. There are plenty that look like those areas. I know there are a lot of non desireables also but it is like that in all neighborhoods on long island; it's just not profiled the same. I never saw a positive post about hempstead and it is not fair, when most neighborhoos suffer from the same problems.
Ingraham may technically be part of the village, but it is geographically a "quiet oasis" off to itself.

Where else in Hempstead is like Ingraham and Cathedral?

Let's be real here. The "non-desirables" of Hempstead are not anything like typical "dirtbags" in other neighborhoods on LI. The central american gangbangers and illegal aliens have brought down a whole new and dangerous meaning to "non-desirables" in Hempstead and other areas similarly infested on Long Island.

Instead of arguing with people on a messageboard, I would suggest you and other likeminded residents talk to the village government over there and DEMAND they put an end to the slumlords making big money off the flophouses full of the illegal aliens and gangbangers inflicted upon Hempstead.

If that changes Hempstead could be on the way to a renaissance. Until that happens, Hempstead and areas like it will be shunned and frankly, rightfully so.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Ingraham may technically be part of the village, but it is geographically a "quiet oasis" off to itself.

Where else in Hempstead is like Ingraham and Cathedral?

Let's be real here. The "non-desirables" of Hempstead are not anything like typical "dirtbags" in other neighborhoods on LI. The central american gangbangers and illegal aliens have brought down a whole new and dangerous meaning to "non-desirables" in Hempstead and other areas similarly infested on Long Island.

Instead of arguing with people on a messageboard, I would suggest you and other likeminded residents talk to the village government over there and DEMAND they put an end to the slumlords making big money off the flophouses full of the illegal aliens and gangbangers inflicted upon Hempstead.

If that changes Hempstead could be on the way to a renaissance. Until that happens, Hempstead and areas like it will be shunned and frankly, rightfully so.
I will no longer comment about this because we will never see this situation the same. BTW the central american gang spreaded throughout nassau and suffolk county. I am almost sorry I post my facts. very sad

Old 05-25-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I will no longer comment about this because we will never see this situation the same. BTW the central american gang spreaded throughout nassau and suffolk county. I am almost sorry I post my facts. very sad

They are headquartered in only a few places.

Wherever they are headquartered is bound to mean trouble for the normal residents of the area.

If the normal residents of the area do not fight back, then they cannot complain that others on LI deem their area unfit to move into.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:55 PM

151 posts, read 367,664 times
truth be told... the area the OP was talking about is only about 2 blocks away from Ingraham Estates ..not smack in the middle of the village as was posted before

Old 05-25-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldyone View Post
truth be told... the area the OP was talking about is only about 2 blocks away from Ingraham Estates ..not smack in the middle of the village as was posted before
Isn't Ingraham fenced off by itself? Not sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island