Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:40 PM

27 posts, read 53,281 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend me any apartment/condo complexes in areas around babylon village or farmingdale? What is the usual demographics in these complexes? I was told fairfield apartments but just form looking around online I am assuming it is best to stay away from fairfield.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 10:18 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
The "Farmingdale, NY 11735" ZIP Code postal zone serves several communities on both sides of the Suffolk/Nassau county line; so, by Farmingdale, do you mean the Village of Farmingdale or the Hamlet of South Farmingdale (and parts of the Hamlet of Old Bethpage and the Hamlet of Plainedge) in the Town of Oyster Bay, Nassau County or the Hamlet of East Farmingdale in the Town of Babylon, Suffolk County?

Old 06-02-2010, 10:49 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Default Avoid Fairfield at all costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH24 View Post
Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend me any apartment/condo complexes in areas around babylon village or farmingdale? What is the usual demographics in these complexes? I was told fairfield apartments but just form looking around online I am assuming it is best to stay away from fairfield.

Thanks
Yes, avoid Fairfield at all costs. I lived in the Babylon Village complex when I first moved up here and they lied to me left and right.

They promised me a renovated unit. Nope.

They promised me AC in my bedroom. Nope. They didn't install one until June the following spring, and that was only after I threatened to set the press on their whole company. Then, when they did install it, I couldn't close my vertical blinds because the guy didn't trim them to fit over the unit.

The carpet was nasty when I moved in, and they tried to charge me to clean it when I moved out.

The AC in the living room was broken (the knob had fallen off and was off when I moved in, and I had to plug and unplug the unit to turn it on and off), and the filter looked like it hadn't been cleaned since the Carter years.

The light switches popped and sizzled.

The refrigerator was broken and it took them two days to get me a new one.

Rather than clean the bathroom appropriately after the last tenant moved out, they simply put new caulking over mildewy old caulking.

There was no screen on the bathroom window.

There were holes in the screen for the sliding glass door on the balcony.

When I moved out, there was no one in the rental office to take my keys, so I mailed them and my laundry room pass via Certified Mail with a return receipt, and yet Fairfield claimed I never returned them and tried to charge me $300 for them. (Good thing I had the signed receipt!)

The security guy would sell drugs out of his car and blast his car stereo loudly between the buildings after midnight as he filled out his reports. That's Arrow Security for you, another ethically barren company owned by another of Long Island's grand slimeballs, so when you look around, ask your potential landlords what security company they use. If they don't use Arrow, that's a plus.

Best of all: Some sick individual kept putting feces in the washers and dryers. They never caught the person because they were too cheap and lazy to install a working camera in the laundry room, and when the door broke, they never bothered to fix it.

And for that they were going to raise my rent nearly $100 a month if I had renewed my lease.

That is how Fairfield is across the board. My sister had a co-op that was managed by them and the co-op board got rid of them. They are the absolute worst property management company I have ever dealt with.

Meanwhile Mark Broxmeyer, one of the partners, sucks in the money and turns it over to people like John McCain.

Last edited by Yzette; 06-02-2010 at 11:12 PM.. Reason: And people wonder why I don't like it up here.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:46 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Drive down Route 109 in Farmingdale - it's one co-op/apartment building after another.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Drive down Route 109 in Farmingdale - it's one co-op/apartment building after another.
Would that be on Route 109 in the Village of Farmingdale or Route 109 in the Hamlet of East Farmingdale, or both?

Old 06-03-2010, 09:50 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,249,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Would that be on Route 109 in the Village of Farmingdale or Route 109 in the Hamlet of East Farmingdale, or both?
There are a number of garden apartment complexes along Rte 109 in Nassau County so I guess it would be in the Village.

Once you cross into Suffolk (including East Farmingdale), Rte 109 is non-residential all the way past New Highway at least.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
There are a number of garden apartment complexes along Rte 109 in Nassau County so I guess it would be in the Village.

Once you cross into Suffolk (including East Farmingdale), Rte 109 is non-residential all the way past New Highway at least.
Thank you, LINative.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:53 PM

27 posts, read 53,281 times
Village of Farmingdale, (by train station)

I do not want to commit to living on Long Island for a year, so I'm just wondering if any of these apartment complexes would rent without one year lease or am I out of luck?

Thanks

Old 06-16-2010, 09:50 AM

8 posts, read 45,779 times
Hello Online Ppl...
I am curently living on the eastern end of suffolk county. I work in nassau. I am looking to shorten my commute to work by relocating to nassau county. I been checking out some of the apartment I able to find online out in Nassau county, but most of the apartment Im able to find are high end expensive apartments complexes. I am looking for a regular average apartment complex to live in nassau county. I guess some of the regular cost apartment complexes dont have they properties listed online like some of these big high end places.

Does anybody know any decent apartment complex in nassau to recommend?

Thanx...

Old 06-16-2010, 09:54 AM

8 posts, read 45,779 times
Default New Place 2 Call Home.

Hello Online Ppl...
I am curently living on the eastern end of suffolk county. I work in nassau. I am looking to shorten my commute to work by relocating to nassau county. I been checking out some of the apartment I able to find online out in Nassau county, but most of the apartment Im able to find are high end expensive apartments complexes. I am looking for a regular average apartment complex to live in nassau county. I guess some of the regular cost apartment complexes dont have they properties listed online like some of these big high end places.

Does anybody know any decent apartment complex in nassau to recommend?

Thanx...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island