Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2010, 11:41 AM

4 posts, read 7,637 times

Advertisements

Where to move? DON'T TELL ME NOT TO GO TO CA BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A CAR. I'M GOING AND THAT'S THAT. I don't have money for a car right now and I hate LOS ANGELES because it's tooo crowded so I'm looking for a decent place to live that has public transportation. So save your obnoxious comments and instead you can help me.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:01 PM

118 posts, read 365,651 times
You will want to live near one of the subway lines (e.g. Red Line, Gold Line). If you do that, you will have quick access throughout Los Angeles and also have bus options nearby.

This information can be found at www.metro.net

Old 07-18-2010, 12:05 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,274,431 times
Montyburns is correct. We don't have a car but we're centrally located to the bus & subway lines. Love this area. We just rent a car when we want to go out of the city. Perfect for us, for now.
P.S I LOVE LOS ANGELES

Old 07-18-2010, 01:25 PM

8,324 posts, read 13,453,824 times
Irony is decent public transportation seems to exist only where there are loads of people.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:02 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,739,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billoby View Post
Where to move? DON'T TELL ME NOT TO GO TO CA BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A CAR. I'M GOING AND THAT'S THAT. I don't have money for a car right now and I hate LOS ANGELES because it's tooo crowded so I'm looking for a decent place to live that has public transportation. So save your obnoxious comments and instead you can help me.
Lots of people live in California without a car. But... you say you hate LA because it's too crowded. Are you looking for suggestions on places to live within the LA area without a car? Or elsewhere in California? Since you've posted in the LA forum I assume you're looking for a slightly less crowded area of LA with decent public transportation, but if you can give additional details you'll get better answers. Things like budget, location of job (or school), favorite type of neighborhood, etc.

You might want to check out some of the areas along the Gold Line, maybe in or near Pasadena; it feels less traditionally urban there than it is along the Red Line, at least in the sense that it's less dense and has more greenery yet is still very livable without a car. Areas like Koreatown, Hollywood, etc. (Red Line areas) are very easy to live in without driving, but you'll hate living there if you don't like crowds.

I can move this to the general CA forum if you're open to areas outside of LA; there are some nice quieter places in CA that are fairly livable without a car. Some can be quite expensive (Santa Barbara, for one!), but definitely quieter and still with decent transit options, good biking, easy walking, etc.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:04 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,739,553 times
I see this is cross-posted, so am closing this thread; new comments can be directed to the existing thread on the CA forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles