Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 04:41 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In an effort to deal with the rising tide of people living in cars and campers on the streets of Venice and environs, the city of Los Angeles will soon begin seeking an agency to operate a "safe overnight parking" program aimed at linking the occupants to social services and, eventually, permanent housing.
L.A to give people living in cars on Venice-area streets 'safe overnight parking' | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

It's sad, but I'm glad to see something being done. I do think it's the responsibility of government to make sure all of its citizens have their basic needs met - even the homeless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 04:51 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,199,581 times
the problem is where to put them, which is not mentioned in the article. anyone who has every driven down rose between lincoln and the beach knows how many of these RVs there are. Last I heard was they wanted to put them in the dockweiler parking lots over by LAX and the RV drivers were complaing that it was too far for them. I also think the government should help out, but at the same time beggars can't be choosers.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:54 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I would like to know where they drove their car's and RV's FROM before offereing any kinds of services. You know these will just be replaced with new homeless the minute they get moved off street so there has to be a limit and restrictions on who is getting what.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:15 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
Maybe this will help some in getting people from sleeping on the beach at night.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:41 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
the problem is where to put them, which is not mentioned in the article. anyone who has every driven down rose between lincoln and the beach knows how many of these RVs there are.
And they are a very serious problem because many of the people living in the RVs sell meth out of their vehicles.

Quote:
Last I heard was they wanted to put them in the dockweiler parking lots over by LAX and the RV drivers were complaing that it was too far for them. I also think the government should help out, but at the same time beggars can't be choosers.
They thought the Dockweiler lots were too far away? That's totally absurd. They should be lucky that they're getting any lots provided at all. If it were up to me I'd put them in the AV (doesn't the city of LA own property in the AV that was intended for the use of an airport that never was built?)

Old 07-27-2010, 02:07 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,272,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
the problem is where to put them, which is not mentioned in the article. anyone who has every driven down rose between lincoln and the beach knows how many of these RVs there are. Last I heard was they wanted to put them in the dockweiler parking lots over by LAX and the RV drivers were complaing that it was too far for them. I also think the government should help out, but at the same time beggars can't be choosers.
Hey they have a vehicle so they can commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles