Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 12:47 AM

2 posts, read 2,663 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I recently got hired for a job at the Howard Hughes Pkwy Development off the 405 and around LAX area. I've lived in Westwood for the past year getting my degree but I have no clue as to where I should live to start off my career. I lived in San Diego for the past five years and when looking for housing down there I never had to worry about words like 'gangs' and 'stay off the streets at night'. Me and my family are pretty concerned about where I should stay due to safety reasons as I will be moving into an unfamiliar area and I don't know many people around here.

Right now I'm looking at some options in Torrance (Harbor Gateway South), Inglewood, Westwood (although I'd rather get out of the college area), Santa Monica, Brentwood, and Culver City. I'm looking at $800 for either a shared apartment or a room in a private house. I'm also a bit concerned about the commute since the few times I've driven on the 405 have made me loathe all freeways around here. Any suggestions on other places to live or are my options good? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 01:21 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,639,225 times
Westchester in a shared apartment or maybe a guest house. Safe enough area, and probably in your price range, and the closest drive possible.

Might also exist in Playa Del Rey putting you closer to the beach.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:08 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,827,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superian View Post
I've lived in Westwood for the past year getting my degree....

Me and my family are....
Did you attend UCLA? What did you major in?

I've driven around that area and it seems nice west and north. LAX is south and I don't know too much about east. I think you'd be able to find something without having any commute problems.

Check out HousingMaps

Old 08-15-2010, 11:54 PM

2 posts, read 2,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Did you attend UCLA? What did you major in?

I've driven around that area and it seems nice west and north. LAX is south and I don't know too much about east. I think you'd be able to find something without having any commute problems.

Check out HousingMaps
MS Civil Engineering from UCLA. Love the campus although it was a lot smaller than my campus in San Diego. I am definitely getting a lot of leads with private rooms around Palms and a few in Westchester!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles