Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2010, 02:19 PM

7 posts, read 23,129 times

Advertisements

Panorama City is super ghetto. Live anywhere besides Panorama City, Sylmar, Van Nuys and some parts of North Hollywood (Closer to Ventura Blvd. the better)
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 04:26 PM

105 posts, read 306,232 times
The Panorama City kaiser facility is really nice. It would probably be a great place to work, but I wouldn't recommend living there. However, there are plenty of nice neighborhoods within reasonable commuting distance.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:28 PM

6 posts, read 16,926 times
As a work place it is OK to work in Panorama City. But for living try to rent a spot in Sherman Oaks or Burbank. It is close to Panorama City. I wouldn't recommend living in Panorama City.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:02 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,196,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyRentals View Post
As a work place it is OK to work in Panorama City. But for living try to rent a spot in Sherman Oaks or Burbank. It is close to Panorama City. I wouldn't recommend living in Panorama City.
Believe it or not, Panorama City was a pretty decent area 25 years ago.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:22 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,593,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Believe it or not, Panorama City was a pretty decent area 25 years ago.
When the GM plant and Lockheed were still open it was a decent working class neighborhood. So were Van Nuys, deep North Hollywood (many of whose bad areas now were middle class back then as well as working class), North Hills, etc.

The factories closing devastated most of the Valley. That's why Cleveland, Detroit, etc. are more accurate comparisons than Tijuana for the Valley. Tijuana's plight didn't have much to do with factories closing and jobs leaving. The Valley's plight had EVERYTHING to do with factories closing and jobs leaving.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 7,186 times
I love Panorama city lots of love from my family and friends. Keep your doors locked yuppies. ;-)

Old 06-13-2015, 04:52 AM

89 posts, read 133,966 times
most of the valley north of ventura is a tijuana ghetto. NOHO parks are full of homeless drunks and trash in the street. but if you need a free couch, the valley will hook you up. just load it in your truck and hit the gas.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:37 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,448,225 times
I live pretty close to Panorama City. Not really a great area overall..but there is an IN N OUT!
There are some nice kept up homes around the Kaiser hospital.

Lot's of rundown apartment buildings along Roscoe Blvd, and it's pretty common to see people being arrested at night. At least I usually see that while driving by.

It's kind of depressing, especially the Montomery Ward site that has been closed for decades..but is just sitting rotting away.
I'm not sure exactly why they haven't redeveloped it or at least torn down the old buildings. An empty lot would be better than how it looks now. Looks more like Detroit than L.A...

what was what's left

If anyone is interested about the issues in Panorama City today this might be interesting, a Q&A with the city councilwoman that represents the area...she seems frustrated too that the city doesn't seem to care much about this area.

http://graphics.latimes.com/towergra...nury-martinez/

Old 06-13-2015, 03:43 PM

73 posts, read 119,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray_slacker View Post
most of the valley north of ventura is a tijuana ghetto. NOHO parks are full of homeless drunks and trash in the street. but if you need a free couch, the valley will hook you up. just load it in your truck and hit the gas.
This is simply not true as West Hills, Chatsworth, Northridge, Granada Hills, Porter Ranch are all North of Ventura and all affluent safe neighborhoods.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:16 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,448,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngcorporate View Post
This is simply not true as West Hills, Chatsworth, Northridge, Granada Hills, Porter Ranch are all North of Ventura and all affluent safe neighborhoods.
Yeah exactly.

What I have found interesting is that some homes in NorthRidge and Granada Hills aren't that much more even than some of the houses in Panorama City or the worse parts of North Hollywood.

I was just in Granada Hills last night for the food truck event they have , it just has a safe family oriented feel to it. It almost feels like it's a separate city, kind of like Burbank. Not a bunch of trash on the streets, graffiti ,etc ...the other signs of a ghetto neighborhood.

And there were a diverse group of people at the event too.

Cool event they have a lot of trucks, like dozens of them .

It seems like the community still has a lot of residents that actually care or are involved in keeping the area up...which is lacking in my area sadly..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles