Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 07:40 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,100,664 times

Advertisements

Just a little update...

They called me for their 2nd interview this upcoming Tuesday. I'm assuming this is their last interview before they come to a decision. I'm very excited, and just hope I don't go all this way for nothing. I'll keep you all updated about their final decision. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. This would be a dream come true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 08:04 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,232,642 times
Good luck!

(I lived in both Austin and LA... and it's LA all the way!)

Old 02-03-2011, 10:04 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastontracks View Post
Just a little update...

They called me for their 2nd interview this upcoming Tuesday. I'm assuming this is their last interview before they come to a decision. I'm very excited, and just hope I don't go all this way for nothing. I'll keep you all updated about their final decision. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. This would be a dream come true.
If you get the job, can you score me some good seats?

Old 02-04-2011, 10:07 AM

927 posts, read 2,466,766 times
Who are you interviewing with? I'm with the LA Kings and we work a lot with the Dodgers on promotions and marketing. I know a few folks over there.

As far as the job, be prepared to WORK! You'll be working regular office hours, plus you'll have to work games on nights and weekends. I easily put in a 70 hr week during the season, so professional sports are definitely not glamerous.

With that being said, there are some awesome perks and you will be well connected. Because of my job with the Kings, I know a lot of people in a lot of different industries, which will probably be helpful down the line. Also, get ready for everyone and their mom to ask you for free tickets, it's insane!

Old 02-04-2011, 10:54 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Just a little update...

Congratulations!

Don't assume anything, though. Be prepared for talking to more than one person in this next interview. The more they pass you around the better it (probably) is. Be on your "A game" with each and every person you meet. They'll give you titles as they pass you around but you never know which person is going to be the one to say, "He's our guy!".

And forget the "great seats". You get this job I want to be up in the luxury boxes watching you in action saying, "That's my boy!"

Go get 'em!

Old 02-04-2011, 12:51 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
LA all the way. As others have said it is the contacts that you will make. My brother can attest to that. In his line of work he has met plenty of heavy hitters so to speak. He hangs out with the A croud allthough he is far from being a member. His most recent perk, if you can call it that was helping out at the SAG awards. It wasn't a paying gig or anything, but how many regular people can you tell me have been to the SAG awards?

Old 02-04-2011, 01:10 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
congrats!!! wish you the best of luck. i like hearing stories where prospective angelenos have a plan. most people want to move here without giving it much thought. i hope you are rewarded for your research and hard work.
Quote:
Just a little update...

Old 02-04-2011, 01:37 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm not sure what "servicing to clients in the luxury boxes" means. But if it means you'll be interacting with the movers and shakers that sit in those boxes I'd be on the plane tomorrow for the chance alone. L.A. is very much a "who knows who" town. You'll make contacts you'll use the rest of your life.
That, and improving your golf swing will endear you to said movers and shakers in L.A. Deals happen on the golf course, where bigwigs invite you to fabulous country clubs to mingle. Gotta keep the ball in the fairway, though, or deal's off.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:41 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,100,664 times
thanks again for all of the positive feedback. i feel like i need come through for you all lol.

and to respond to whos with the LA kings: i'm applying for a position in the premium department. it's only seasonal (but will definitely still have a lot of work hours) i'm certain this experience will pave way for other opportunities, as they mentioned it even in my first interview. until tuesday, i'll be preparing as much as i can, and for any questions/scenarios they throw at me.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:08 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,996,482 times
My company uses one of those suites. They're a lot of fun and the people who work there are very friendly. Best of luck to you. Baseball is a wonderful sport on the field, but it's the people behind the scenes that makes the Major Leagues so successful. You will meet a lot of valuable contacts and it will look great on your resume.

Only downside about working with the Dodgers right now is the sale of the organization. When this happens, a lot of people get laid off, but usually they work in the front office. Hope you get the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles