Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 06:38 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times

Advertisements

There is no drag strips left in the birthplace of hot rods, the LA area. Pomona is only used a couple of days a year and for proffesionals only. Bakersfield 2 hours away is the closest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 02:20 PM

2 posts, read 1,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimbrSS View Post
How do you work on your hot rod in LA?

Looking into possibly relocating from midwest to West LA, beachy areas. Main reason I want to move is to be able to do outdoor activities year round. The biggest problem I need to figure out is how I'm going to keep up with my car hobbies. I would like to get an apartment with a garage where i could work on my own car. Does this exist? I'm into drag racing which requires lots of maintenance/repair and upgrades, and I can't see paying someone else that won't do as good a job as i can do. I don't mind giving up my 2000sf house in Ohio to rent a 1/1 apt near the beach, but think I'd really miss the garage.
Hey whats up brother is there anyway i can contact u ASAP thank you

Old 05-22-2016, 02:30 PM

103 posts, read 112,391 times
Your Dream Garage DIY, in Baldwin Park has lifts where you can work on your car. They also provide tools.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:51 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,824,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
personal garages are hard to find. most apartments come with a spot in a shared garage. not that you couldn't work on your car in the shared garage, but you probably wouldn't want to leave your tools there.
Actually, every building I have ever lived in specifically said you can't work on your car. There is liability factors for the property owner

Old 05-23-2016, 02:59 PM

545 posts, read 513,959 times
Quote:

Looking into possibly relocating from midwest to West LA, beachy areas. Main reason I want to move is to be able to do outdoor activities year round. The biggest problem I need to figure out is how I'm going to keep up with my car hobbies. I would like to get an apartment with a garage where i could work on my own car. Does this exist? I'm into drag racing which requires lots of maintenance/repair and upgrades, and I can't see paying someone else that won't do as good a job as i can do. I don't mind giving up my 2000sf house in Ohio to rent a 1/1 apt near the beach, but think I'd really miss the garage.
You can rent a house as your best bet. Expect to pay $2,500 a month minimum for a somewhat decent area.

Go to realtor.com and the mls and look for home rentals with garages.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:09 PM

581 posts, read 921,144 times
Quote:

Uh...how do you plan on supporting your Los Angeles "beachy" life style and your car hobbies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles