U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-19-2011, 02:14 PM
 
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
30 posts, read 92,710 times
Reputation: 24

Advertisements

A 3bd/2ba in Burbank for $1800. It sounds a little too cheap, most apartments in Burbank similar to that are $2500+
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-19-2011, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Des Moines, IA
219 posts, read 571,159 times
Reputation: 80
I'm in the same position you are steven. I have been looking for 3BR houses all over LA and they almost seem too cheap. Especially when 3BR apartments and townhouses seem to go for much more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2011, 02:57 PM
 
9,715 posts, read 13,632,324 times
Reputation: 3325
It depends. Where is it located? Is it owned by an old couple or old person? (A lot of times, they are paying very little taxes and prefer to find a tenant who will never move out. They also expect you to do the maintenance out of your own pocket in exchange for cheap rent.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2011, 03:01 PM
 
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
30 posts, read 92,710 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
It depends. Where is it located? Is it owned by an old couple or old person? (A lot of times, they are paying very little taxes and prefer to find a tenant who will never move out. They also expect you to do the maintenance out of your own pocket in exchange for cheap rent.)
I'm gonna give them a call but it's in a good area, on N Glenoaks Blvd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2011, 09:46 PM
 
Location: Southern California
1,058 posts, read 1,201,925 times
Reputation: 2604
Hopefully the advertiser isn't one of those "finders services" that claims to have great properties at very reasonable prices, and only after you pay their fee do you discover those properties have all "just been rented," and you're left with are the same stuff you could have found on your own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2011, 02:29 AM
 
Location: California
31,586 posts, read 34,827,179 times
Reputation: 27238
Quote:
Originally Posted by simbared View Post
Hopefully the advertiser isn't one of those "finders services" that claims to have great properties at very reasonable prices, and only after you pay their fee do you discover those properties have all "just been rented," and you're left with are the same stuff you could have found on your own.
Oh, so THAT'S the scam! I always wondered what people were talking about when they said so much of the "for rent" stuff on craiglist and whatnot was bogus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2011, 10:00 AM
 
362 posts, read 724,475 times
Reputation: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Oh, so THAT'S the scam! I always wondered what people were talking about when they said so much of the "for rent" stuff on craiglist and whatnot was bogus.
That's just one of many scams... others will say there's so much demand for the property/rental (that doesn't even exist) that you have to submit your app before viewing... including SSN! Just a scam for identity theft and whatnot... there's plenty more scams as well.

Be careful out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:27 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top