Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Cerritos 4 80.00%
Bellflower 0 0%
Buena Park 0 0%
None of the above 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 03:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,536 times

Advertisements

A friend and I are looking for a place to live in the SE LA county area.
Here's a quick overview of our job/school situation:

Me: I will be working in Downey for ~3 months and Long beach for ~2 months. Typical shifts are M-F full time as student in hospitals.

Him: Attending Chapman University in Orange CA. Graduate student approximately 3 days/wk for a few hours per day, primarily in PM.

We are searching for a place to live that would be relatively "central" to our locations. He is willing to live a bit more "west" to accommodate my rigorous schedule.

Things we are looking for:
1. Considerations of Commute time
2. Safety
3. Relatively cheap (we are students after all)
4. Decent Night Life (in our mid 20s and single )

I included an image outlining the points of where we work/attend class.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2wp6mhh.jpg

Thanks for any suggestions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 07:23 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,293,258 times
I'd look at all the areas in the western part of your triangle. Go to one of the websites that shows rentals so you can get an idea of the prices. Are you in the area? Drive and walk in these neighborhoods. Are you looking from afar? Look at the neighborhoods using Google Streetview.

Then try the forum again. Usually posters get a response when they ask about specific neighborhoods and commutes. Your criteria are pretty general, and there are probably plenty of places that would be good.

I don't know anything about the nightlife; sorry.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:57 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,764,799 times
None of those cities have significant nightlife. Nearest nightlife to Cerritos and Bellflower will be Long Beach, nearest to Buena Park will be Fullerton. BP does have some things to do because of the theme parks and such, but you're not looking at clubs or anything. Bellflower has a pool hall among a few other things. Cerritos is dead quiet at night.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:27 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,490,393 times
Westminster has a lot of Vietnamese bars and clubs I think; one bar, I forget what it was called, has the waitresses dressed in just bikinis and lingerie. That was the best, although it might be hard to stand up when your'e ready to leave after ogling all the T&A

Old 07-11-2011, 12:44 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times
I wish I had purchased in Cypress. Closer to the beach, my buddy lives there and rides his bike to Seal Beach.
If the night life is a concern you will find more action in Seal Beach.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:06 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,764,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
Westminster has a lot of Vietnamese bars and clubs I think; one bar, I forget what it was called, has the waitresses dressed in just bikinis and lingerie. That was the best, although it might be hard to stand up when your'e ready to leave after ogling all the T&A
Those places have recently been ordered to close by the county

Old 07-11-2011, 01:06 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,490,393 times
What? What a bunch of wet blankets
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles