Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 01:56 AM

10 posts, read 82,318 times

Advertisements

I think this title goes to Atlantis. First off, that place isn't even real. Second, I mean, it's below water, that's got to be the most shallow??

Oh.. you mean, as in pretentious and materialistic... hmm, yeah? Well only if you're between about 19 to 23 or so and want to hang out with the 'cool kids'. Or if you're in your 20's or early 30's and want to date a hottie.

Then yup, it sure is. Otherwise, nope.. Atlantis is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 06:28 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadao View Post
I think this title goes to Atlantis. First off, that place isn't even real. Second, I mean, it's below water, that's got to be the most shallow??

Oh.. you mean, as in pretentious and materialistic... hmm, yeah? Well only if you're between about 19 to 23 or so and want to hang out with the 'cool kids'. Or if you're in your 20's or early 30's and want to date a hottie.

Then yup, it sure is. Otherwise, nope.. Atlantis is!
It seems your mindset may not venture far beyond that of the OP if you think it possible to judge an entire region or group based on your perception of a few immature individuals.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:18 AM

10 posts, read 82,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
It seems your mindset may not venture far beyond that of the OP if you think it possible to judge an entire region or group based on your perception of a few immature individuals.
Thanks for the smug uninvited comment. Since it's xmas eve.. I won't post an 'internet retort' but.. all I gotta say is, I think I'd rather hang with the OP AND all the fake shallow people than you. At least they can see sarcasm. And merry xmas!!

Old 12-24-2011, 12:14 PM

258 posts, read 614,911 times
Fake ... ? it's beyond fake.

If you look really close, there is a large pink & green neon edged sign, embossed in fake 24 karat gold, as you enter L.A. on I-10 just before Indio.

The sign says, " If you have a message, go to Western Union. "

Some of you get it ... Most of you don't.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:07 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadao View Post
Thanks for the smug uninvited comment. Since it's xmas eve.. I won't post an 'internet retort' but.. all I gotta say is, I think I'd rather hang with the OP AND all the fake shallow people than you. At least they can see sarcasm. And merry xmas!!
Youre welcome! But moi? Smug...??
I guess I never knew that. Lol But I beg your pardon for assuming your public reply as my invitation to participate. And Seasons Greetings to you as well

Old 06-16-2014, 10:43 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
Is Los Angeles the most Fakest most shallow city in America?
Without a doubt, no other city comes remotely close

Old 06-16-2014, 10:44 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
To me, it's a city built on perception, and shallowness, people are fake, they have no inner core. They are living off of some hollywood fantasy, with there noses in the air. I am not saying all of L.A is bad and I am not basing this just what is shown on TV either, in fact there are plenty of good people, but from what I've seen is that you won't find the friendliness you find elsewhere, it's harder to build a relationship with people. Although someone might say Hi, or how are you, the attitude is that people their are just plain shallow and don't care and some people have the biggest most annoying ego's. Now you might say that is everywhere, but in L.A and parts of So Cal, it seems like it is MORE SATURATED with these type of people, always acting like they are this and that living in a fantasy. I think it's a nice city, but it lives and thrives off shallowness, fakeness, glamour and things to me that aren't real. What are your thoughts?
Is this topic a troll?

Old 06-17-2014, 12:41 PM

451 posts, read 562,980 times
Fakest, shallowest place... LA? Oh the irony. If LA is fake and shallow, however you chose to define those terms, it can usually be traced down to the industry (entertainment industry, Hollywood). This is where you will see most "fake" and "shallow" people. The irony is that this is a very small part of what makes LA and most of the people that make up this industry are from other regions in America. The fakest and shallowest people I have ever met were indeed transplants from somewhere else.

Fake and shallow: Hollywood maybe. Not LA.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:55 PM

1,971 posts, read 3,044,826 times
I've found that the booming cities in Texas seem more "fake" than LA. When people from Austin talk about Austin they make it sound like the Portland of Texas, a small little weird college town with a big heart, cheap houses and great BBQ. But it's a big sprawling city that is a lot more conservative, dull and expensive than people make it out to be.

LA is "real" for what it is.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:42 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,788,079 times
what-ever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles