Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 01:15 PM

325 posts, read 219,371 times

Advertisements

How is the area in Panorama City? I've been looking at apartment complexes in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 04:04 PM

25 posts, read 41,238 times
I don't know but I heard some good things! We personally didn't go that far north

Old 02-24-2012, 06:58 PM

68 posts, read 168,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelintheSky View Post
How is the area in Panorama City? I've been looking at apartment complexes in the area.
Panorama City is a WHOLE other world. Just take a drive and you will see. It's not exactly a place people aspire to live in. It's not a very safe area as well. As a result, it's super affordable and also very dirty. You may want to create a whole separate thread for this one so you can get more responses specific to Panorama City.

FrankyJay, you'll have to let us know how you're dealing with the daily traffic in Hollywood. I would have told you to also move to NoHo. Curious why you didn't take the other commenters advice.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:18 AM

@David I am loving the Hollywood place so far! I am from Manhattan, so the city feel of this place makes me feel right at home- I am here with my partner and we only have one car between the two of us, and he usually takes it to get to work, so by living here I can literally walk to anything I need, and it's right by Runyon canyon which I frequent. The traffic is bad,but not unbearable, and like I said we don't even use the car all that much.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:21 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyJay View Post
Please keep in mind that he will be working at the Americana and I am an actor.
About 80% of the population of LA are "actors".

Old 02-25-2012, 11:58 AM

@trackwatch no really?! What is your point lol

Old 02-25-2012, 05:16 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
Quote:
@trackwatch no really?! What is your point lol

He felt the need to point that out like it was something special, go to the local restaurant and your server will most likely be an "actor" too.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:23 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
West Hollywood is better.

Trust me. Don't worry about driving to auditions, unless it's in the Valley, then it's best to take your car.

The buses in West Hollywood or LA proper run VERY WELL.

North Hollywood is good if you have a car, but what if it breaks down, then what? You're literally trapped living in that stifling heat the Valley is known for.

Go with #2 option. You won't regret it. Not at all.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:26 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Quote:
We are quiet! Not big partiers- but do enjoy going to the occasional bars or club. I've been told by some locals that -1.)for an actor without a full time car,Hollywood will be easier for me to get around to agencies ect and 2.) you don't want to live in the valley because it gets unbearably hot in the summer. Are either of these true?
Yes. Noho is super hot. The valley is 10 degrees hotter than the rest of the city. You most definitely need a car to live there, because there is nothing in walking distance. You do not want to be caught walking in that horrible, stifling heat.

West Hollywood is the BEST option. If you can afford it with no problem, then you'll love it.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:39 PM

Thanks Marilyn!!! We did go with apt 2!! It is very exciting and the advice you gave has echoed many others! Thanks for the feedback!

@trackwatch Again, I'm not really sure what your talking about. Nobody made anything out to be special. Lol but I do think it's hilarious that you make a point to put "actor" in quotes and let me know how many people are in the biz!
You should see my other post- "Hating on Actors".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles