Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 12:10 PM

927 posts, read 2,466,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prep16505 View Post
Well, it's been about a year since I posted about my ticket and nothing ever came of it. They sent me the original ticket in the mail and that was the end of it.
I'm the orignal poster of this thread and nothing ever came of mine either. I didn't get anything in the mail and that was a year and a half ago. I totally forgot about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,122 times
Hi Yoyoma02,

I just saw your post and wanted to ask you a few questions. I went to the Beverly Hills Court today and plead not guilty at my Arraignment. I refuse to pay the city anything especially after the Supreme Court ruled the Camera ticket to be unconstitutional. My judge today, Elizabeth (couldn't make out her last name), told the courtroom that the probability of winning these tickets was slim to none. I was outraged because she had such an obvious bias against people who "allegedly" violated the law.

I did a lot of research and found that in several cases, people we able to argue:
a) The evidence from the photographs and videotapes we inadmissible because they were considered hearsay evidence.
b) The police officer is not a qualified representative because he was not personally a witness or involved in the maintenance or calibration process.
c) They violated the Contingency Clause and Sixth amendment right question your accuser--
d) The conflict of interest also arises because the camera company (in my case, ACS), who is responsible for calibrating, issuing tickets and maintaining the camera, also receives an undisclosed amount for every Guilty Plea.

My question is, people have both won and lost with all of these arguments, what can I do to help my case? My livelihood is at stake!

Lena

Old 05-13-2013, 02:47 PM

22 posts, read 26,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post
We got a red light ticket in the same area this past summer & we had to pay it. It was $497, just as an fyi. My husband (who was driving) also took an 8 hour driving class (which was MORE money) so it wouldn't be a strike on our insurance as well.

RIGHT after that, I read that they were discontinuing the practice and legally you didn't have to pay it. A friend of our got a red light ticket (in the same area) not too long before and tried to fight it in court. She said all kinds of people brought in charts & videos & photos & witnesses proving they either hadn't gone through the red light or that the yellow light had been shortened to an illegal amount of time (which is what happened to us. The yellow light lasted maybe a second or two and immediately went to red). But the bored judge just said (to all of them) "Too bad. Pay the ticket."
She didn't even bother arguing her case by the time it was her turn. Then she forgot to pay it and had to pay a $400 late fee. It was about $800 all together.
I have been to court and watched the same no matter what proof you bring it's almost an instant too bad you lost, I think it has to due with money, the city hires the judge and the city gets the money city = corrupt politicians ... So if a judge isn't generating the same as other judges they either get fired or not promoted to other higher jobs, same with police the more tickets they write they more they get promoted and in a selfish world they don't care about you, basically a bunch of sociopaths who don't care about the next guy ... Well I love all humans and I get sick when I see this , so hey I don't vote so not my fault don't blame me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles