Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 02:49 PM

38 posts, read 98,618 times

Advertisements

There's an energy here. A real vibrancy you feel. Not many places have it. To live in this kind of place that has (relatively) easy access to mountains, ocean and the desert is a real blessing

Sure you have to put up w/ traffic at times and some other negatives, but it's your perception that keeps you grounded or not regarding your environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 03:19 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,292,192 times
This New Yorker says LA's the Best of the West. Planning on spending Thanksgiving in LA this year.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:11 AM

83 posts, read 180,629 times
Can't imagine living anywhere else! Like I tell my friends, I think LA is the home of everything good in life: weather, food, shopping, entertainment, scenery, and attractive people(both inside and out) among other things. I love it here and I never wanna leave!

Old 10-16-2012, 10:35 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,502,837 times
LA has too much congestion, and attracts too many people wanting to move there. As a result, you feel like you're just another fish in the sea. Don't get me wrong, LA has great shopping, great theme parks, and great food, but it's just not a great place to live really.

I prefer less congestion and more laid back cities, which is why I live in the Palmdale area. I have that great CA weather and beautiful high desert scenery, with a quick easy drive to the LA area for shopping if needed. Theres nothing better than going to a nice restaurant in LA, doing a little shopping, then being able to head back home.... out of the congestion and traffic to a quieter, more laid back place.

Last edited by ryanst530; 10-16-2012 at 10:50 AM..

Old 10-16-2012, 12:51 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,625,235 times
Why not live in the OC then?

Old 10-16-2012, 01:21 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,297,725 times
There's no other city that has the diversity, restaurant options, beaches, combined with being able to go skiing just an hour away.

But at least 1/2 of the city looks like a ****hole. There's a big disparity between the haves and the have nots in a extreme way in Los Angeles.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:19 PM

73 posts, read 151,072 times
Everyone seems to give credit where credit's due and that's to LA for all of its commodities...even if they don't like living there, they justify it by saying that it is an awesome place to be with something for everyone and that the downside is that it just doesn't suit their lifestyle/interests to the fullest.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:56 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,625,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideySwag View Post
Everyone seems to give credit where credit's due and that's to LA for all of its commodities...even if they don't like living there, they justify it by saying that it is an awesome place to be with something for everyone and that the downside is that it just doesn't suit their lifestyle/interests to the fullest.
The downside is what hipcat mentioned. Living in a borderline third world city where the disparity between rich and poor is way too wide. At least in the metro area.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:58 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,547,571 times
I've lived here all of my life, and besides my family, the weather keeps me here. I can't deal with extreme heat, wind, humidity, frigid cold, or snow! This weather wimp is staying right here, thanks very much. Besides, within five hours I can visit Mammoth and have all of the mountains and fresh air I can handle.

In regards to L.A. itself, I like it that whatever you're looking for, you can find it here. This is such a diverse area, and it's so much more than the fake Hollywood people who like to pretend they're all that. L.A. County has eleven million people in it! You can live whatever lifestyle you choose to, without being looked down upon for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles