Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 01:50 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,781 times

Advertisements

YouTube - I Love L.A. - Randy Newman
See if you can recognize every shot in this video. I bet a lot of you guys can.

I Love L. A. (Randy Newman)

Hate new york city
It’s cold and it’s damp
And all the people dressed like monkeys
Let’s leave chicago to the eskimos
That town’s a little too rugged
For you and me, you bad girl

Rollin’ down the imperial highway
With a big nasty redhead at my side
Santa ana wind blowin’ hot from the north
And we was born to ride

Roll down the window, put down the top
Crank up the beach boys, baby
Don’t let the music stop
We’re gonna ride it till we just can’t ride it no more

From the south bay to the valley
From the west side to the east side
Everybody’s very happy
’cause the sun is shining all the time
Looks like another perfect day

I love l.a. (we love it)
I love l.a. (we love it)

Look at that mountain
Look at that tree
Look at that bum over there, man
He’s down on his knees
Look at these women
There ain’t nothin’ like em nowhere

Century boulevard (we love it)
Victory boulevard (we love it)
Santa monica boulevard (we love it)
Sixth street (we love it, we love it)

I love l.a.
I love l.a.
(we love it)

Last edited by Roma; 10-30-2007 at 02:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 01:28 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
that is the LA of some people. but more and more i think people just dont get my LA or that of the majority or people here. get on the bus and ask those people about LA. that is a very different perspective. all that other stuff? its all suspect. im sure its true for some, those hollywood people. but for the rest of us in LA or greater LA, its different. the only star i have seen is bill maher at the johnny rockets on melrose 5 years ago and that was because i took some out of town friends to "hollywood". there are no organic stores where i might bump into a star. not even a generic trader joes. no stalkarazzis chasing amy or britnny or tiffany. one thing is right tho. LA is a place where you can be what you want. except the trite postcard of cali life full of blonds, bods and palm trees. thats not real. maybe for hollywood, in the movies, in the biz, but thats not LA. thats a bunch of people coming here in search of a fantasy. LA is santee alley, the alameda or slauson swap, lincoln or macarthur park, the blue or red line. you really want to know what LA is and why people hate or love it. go there. dam i think i just dropped 2 points in the happy scale right now.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:24 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,636,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin' View Post
In any big city, people on the street don't care who they're standing next to, no one cares about anyone else. The same could very easily be said about NYC. Talk about no one caring about anybody else, this city embodies that and more. You're just one of millions and nobody at the same time. People rarely even dare to make eye contact. I didn't find that in LA, more than anything I found a warmth and friendlier people. In all honesty, the place I felt that couldn't care less attitude was in San Francisco. Or maybe that was my impression because it reminded me too much of NY and too much of what I dislike about NY.
I agree that you'll get that in any big city. The more people you have somewhere the more people are going to ignore and rush. I however find LA to be so spread out that it differs from NYC. I love NYC btw, but I feel like it's more "no one cares about you" than LA. Or guess it's a different no one cares about you. Also, I feel LA is unlike NYC and SF because LA is a hub of different neighborhoods. What you feel in Hollywood you may not feel in Santa Monica or Venice. Culver City is a totally different feel from Silver Lake. Yeah that empty, "it only matters what you do there" exist but I wouldn't say that's the blanket of LA. I agree with a lot in the post but disagree at the same time. Can't explain it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles