Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 11:45 PM

884 posts, read 1,172,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Agreed - and since I live in NorCal, it is very convenient/desirable to fly into the other airports in SoCal and not have to deal with the extra effort required to get in/out of LAX on the road.

However, as a transit or connecting airport (once I've had to do that to fly to Asia), it's not as good if you have to go from one terminal to the other.
Thankfully I have never had to do that. I've heard some horror stories from friends though so I don't doubt it! I am with you, when I go up to the bay area I typically use Long Beach. Great little airport. Even when people from work fly down here from Norcal they use Burbank or Ontario. They have learned not to use LAX haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
Agreed. Try coming over to Newark/Liberty (EWR). The delays on a sunny day will make your head spin
OMG so true. I remember sitting on the tarmac for 2 hours flying back to LA, after an already delayed boarding time. I got back home at midnight instead of 10pm so nothing was open food wise and my poor BF had to sit at the airport that whole time waiting for me. And the multi levels are so strange...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 12:52 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy carrie View Post
Thankfully I have never had to do that. I've heard some horror stories from friends though so I don't doubt it! I am with you, when I go up to the bay area I typically use Long Beach. Great little airport. Even when people from work fly down here from Norcal they use Burbank or Ontario. They have learned not to use LAX haha.
Yep, and I've been lucky that my destinations in SoCal have not been on the Westside in the past several years. Recently went to Universal City for a weekend, so BUR was the very logical and sensible choice. Flew in/out of ONT when visiting Lake Arrowhead, Joshua Tree National Monument on separate visits. Went through John Wayne to visit my cousins in Orange County or to visit clients in Irvine.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:08 AM

810 posts, read 1,342,337 times
There is something iconic about LAX, although it can be a bit annoying to get around.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:01 PM

1,626 posts, read 4,014,679 times
Looks like further air traffic controller furloughs have been averted for now.

House and Senate Pass Bill to Ease Air-Traffic Delays, Obama to Sign Legislation | Frequent Business Traveler

Old 04-26-2013, 05:35 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar42 View Post
Looks like further air traffic controller furloughs have been averted for now.

House and Senate Pass Bill to Ease Air-Traffic Delays, Obama to Sign Legislation | Frequent Business Traveler
Good. Last thing I expected was not being able to fly out, it's not like LA has snow or anything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles