Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 03:46 PM

136 posts, read 379,881 times

Advertisements

This might be a longshot, but does anyone remember where the Los Angeles-based office for Bechtel Corporation was located? My maternal grandfather worked there from about 1951 to 1967, and I'm trying to do some genealogical research on my grandparents. My mother & I lived with my grandparents as I grew up in San Gabriel, so I remember "grampa" driving off to work every day in his white Ford Falcon. I never got the chance to see where grampa worked, so I have no clue where it was - but it was within driving distance so it couldn't have been TOO far! Downtown L.A., maybe?? Who knows.
I'm just hoping that someone may have an idea of what city it was located. An actual address would be IDEAL...but I'm not holding my breath...!!! The current Bechtel website shows worldwide locations including here in the U.S.A., but no address given in the Los Angeles area...so whatever office my grampa drove to each day must have closed down.

Thanks,
Doug

Last edited by cazboy; 06-14-2013 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: correcting my own spelling errors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 09:51 PM

563 posts, read 807,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazboy View Post
This might be a longshot, but does anyone remember where the Los Angeles-based office for Bechtel Corporation was located? My maternal grandfather worked there from about 1951 to 1967, and I'm trying to do some genealogical research on my grandparents. My mother & I lived with my grandparents as I grew up in San Gabriel, so I remember "grampa" driving off to work every day in his white Ford Falcon. I never got the chance to see where grampa worked, so I have no clue where it was - but it was within driving distance so it couldn't have been TOO far! Downtown L.A., maybe?? Who knows.
I'm just hoping that someone may have an idea of what city it was located. An actual address would be IDEAL...but I'm not holding my breath...!!! The current Bechtel website shows worldwide locations including here in the U.S.A., but no address given in the Los Angeles area...so whatever office my grampa drove to each day must have closed down.

Thanks,
Doug
Happen to be a random passerby who's not even from the area, but did you ever attempt to contact the Bechtel Corporation itself to see if they have any old documents from the 1950s referring to offices in Los Angeles?

Old 06-15-2013, 10:30 PM

136 posts, read 379,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
Happen to be a random passerby who's not even from the area, but did you ever attempt to contact the Bechtel Corporation itself to see if they have any old documents from the 1950s referring to offices in Los Angeles?
Hi Never-More, that's a fair question! The answer is yes, I actually submitted the very same question to Bechtel via their website just before I thought about posting here on City-Data.com. I just figured that if I try both places, I might get an answer a little bit quicker. Actually, I also thought someone here might answer before I heard back from a giant corporation like Bechtel. But who knows...???
...Doug
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles