Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2013, 08:32 PM

2 posts, read 1,718 times

Advertisements

Hi. I really have enjoyed reading this forum. I currently live on the east coast. Six months ago I was living in hawaii the past three years. Many people can't believe I lived in hawaii saying its too expensive. I've learned you can have anything if you want it bad enough. I had my struggles living there. My rent during the stay was $450-$825 for a room. I found restaurant jobs and made it work and had the time of my life. Hawaii has this dream destination of being a very expensive place that couldn't work for many. I'm a 28 single male. Quiet. I keep to myself a bit. I believe life is limitless. I was wondering if I could make Los Angeles a new home and develop connections. I keep coming back to west hollywood when I research places to stay. I want to move to california for growth and artistic opportunity. I enjoy the health conscious lifestyle, organic raw foods, and yoga. Is there an area in la or surroundings where I could click in and make this a reality? I've never visited, but have a strong desire to come. I'm curious how it is living in CA without a vehicle. I read so many different opinions on this. A move can seem very daunting. Any insight much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 08:51 PM

2 posts, read 1,718 times
waited patiently for over three months for a reply

Old 09-13-2013, 09:01 PM

350 posts, read 710,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omdustin View Post
I was wondering if I could make Los Angeles a new home and develop connections.

I want to move to california for growth and artistic opportunity. I enjoy the health conscious lifestyle, organic raw foods, and yoga. Is there an area in la or surroundings where I could click in and make this a reality?

Any insight much appreciated.
Yes.

Yes.

Millions of people make Los Angeles home and develop connections.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:47 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,048,732 times
Yes, West Hollywood, as well as the other Westside cities would have the environment you are seeking. Not having a car is a time-consuming drag only if you have to go far from your home to your job and your hangouts, so choose your dwelling accordingly. There are tons of Meetup groups for connections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles