Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 03:28 AM

9 posts, read 34,303 times

Advertisements

I live in a residential neighborhood off of Los Robles Ave in Pasadena and I noticed that they don't ticket my boyfriend's car on Sunday's but they do ticket on the weekdays starting at 2am...so is it true that they don't ticket on the weekends, especially Saturday night/Sunday morning? My roommate also has his friend's over and they have gotten tickets during the weekday overnight...such an annoying thing to deal with...that's why I want to make sure that they don't ticket on the weekends......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 10:06 PM

223 posts, read 523,516 times
There are large signs posted around Pasadena that say no overnight parking after 2am. Might be a good idea to find one and read the fine print. I would find one closest to where you live and take a picture so its easier to remember if there is fine print.

After getting an absurd parking ticket in Atwater Village recently I am starting to take video when I park somewhere that seems iffy on the signs or at meters.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:28 AM

3,830 posts, read 4,661,125 times
I don't know if you can get a parking pass for guests, but I believe if you can show that your household has 2 cars and only 1 parking space you can go to the city hall and they may issue you an overnight pass. Can always try.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:28 AM

118 posts, read 217,901 times
They do ticket on the weekends, they just often miss certain streets - we got 2 or three tickets within the first month we lived here, and then haven't gotten one in over a year. My husband leaves for work at 4 am and we have tandem parking, so he often forgets to go move his car back into the driveway before he goes to bed and accidentally parks on the street.

If you want to get an overnight parking pass, they're $65 for a year, or were last I checked a couple of years ago.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:47 AM

925 posts, read 1,333,077 times
Just curious, where are guest suppose to park in these residential areas?

Some of these rule are just at bad as all of the 1 hr meter parking signs.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:36 AM

103 posts, read 167,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasuga888 View Post
Just curious, where are guest suppose to park in these residential areas?

Some of these rule are just at bad as all of the 1 hr meter parking signs.
I agree, this has probably been the single most difficult thing to adjust to moving to this city

Old 11-18-2013, 09:50 AM

10,078 posts, read 15,845,315 times
Sundays are exempt from the 2 hour parking rule.

Parking in Pasadena is the worst. I've lived here a month and already gotten a ticket. I have a friend staying with me and the first day he was here, he got a ticket. My friend's ticket was total BS, and my ticket was questionable (though I paid it after appealing).

Old 11-18-2013, 12:34 PM

Go move up to Altadena then No regulations on overnight parking and I don't think there's a meter in the whole town.

Obviously, for a young person that wants to be hip & live in the heart of everything (SGVwise at least) this wouldn't work, but there are always trade-offs.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:05 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,845,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Go move up to Altadena then No regulations on overnight parking and I don't think there's a meter in the whole town.

Obviously, for a young person that wants to be hip & live in the heart of everything (SGVwise at least) this wouldn't work, but there are always trade-offs.
Haha, Altadena is too far of a commute for someone that works in DTLA. Really even Pasadena is pushing it. Personally I don't mind a place that is restrictive towards cars, it's just annoying when you have guests.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:06 PM

Yeah, I would definitely prefer living in South Pas if working in DTLA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles