Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 12:48 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,246,328 times

Advertisements

Bad things always happen here in automobiles. More than enough hit and runs. Horrible tragic car accidents, car chases and running red lights. I know people love their cars here but geez! And lay off the horns.
Running over someone and not stopping has got to be one of the ugliest things you can do to another human being but it seems to happen here on a regular basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 11:23 AM

223 posts, read 470,831 times
my short list.

1) drivers with no common courtesy, includes not using turn signals, merging on/off freeways as late as possible, not pulling into the center of the intersection when waiting to make a turn, and taking way too long to make that turn once traffic clears.
2) Pedestrians who think they own the road. Yes, in CA we must always yield to you. But that doesn't mean you need to be an ******* about it. If you're in a crosswalk, how about you try walking a little faster? Also, put the phone away and pay attention!
3) The bums here in Santa Monica. It's as if the entire country had an exodus and shipped them all to my work on 4th and Wilshire.
4) Parking. i used to live in the San Gabriel valley. When i wanted to spend my hard-earned money i drove somewhere and lots of parking was waiting for me. Here, it is a battle just to spend my cash.
5) The weather. We don't get enough friggin rain! Not saying i want to get dumped on a la Seattle, but something a little closer to SF would be nice.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:28 AM

2,322 posts, read 2,993,497 times
All these driving Pet Peeves is why we need to pass Measure R++....Then you just have to deal with ******* travelers who block the subway door.

TL.,DR ....Nobody wants to be inconvenienced when you are the traffic

Old 02-11-2014, 12:21 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,046,521 times
You meet somebody you really like, and they live 40 miles away.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:27 PM

401 posts, read 767,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
I've met a lot of people here who chew with their mouths open and talk with food in their mouths! I don't know why that is acceptable here.
It grosses me out. I think it's because there are so many people from different countries/ cultures where talking with food in your mouth is totally acceptable. In most Asian cultures (including India), this is perfectly acceptable.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:47 PM

My biggest pet-peeve was captured in a thread I started (and need to add some current photos to)

here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...nos-think.html

Old 02-11-2014, 02:04 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Freedom View Post
My biggest pet-peeve was captured in a thread I started (and need to add some current photos to)

here:

That's a good one.

Here's mine: People in line at Starbucks who act like their in line at an ATM. They keep a four-foot interval behind the person in front of them. So if there are more than five people in line, the last guy has to stand half-in and half- out of the store, bracing the door with his foot.

They move like extras from Shaun of the Dead, too, shuffling along a foot at a time. Then if you yell, "Hey, pick up some of this slack, will ya?", they look at you in their mood-drug haze, like YOU'RE the crazy one!

There I'm done.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:28 PM

546 posts, read 818,075 times
Quote:

here:

I agree. That is a good one.

At least the people tossing trash in a bush are trying. I see plenty of people just tossing stuff directly into the street or curb....as if they are at a movie theater or Dodger game and someone is going to come by and pick up after them.

I wish the cops/parking enforcement were as tough on litter bugs as they are on jaywalkers and/or illegal parking.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:

here:

I'll get back to posting daily pictures... have a bunch saved up

Old 02-11-2014, 05:34 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,919,159 times
People driving 65 MPH in the carpool lane or fast lane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles