Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 10:06 PM

14 posts, read 39,093 times

Advertisements

okay, in the first place if you moved to Los Angeles, your husband better be making a huge wage. And I mean, a huge wage for Los Angeles. Because California is just about the most expensive state in the United States to live in. So if he's not making a tremendous amount of money, you're not going to live any place but a slum. And it doesn't sound like the job is that fantastically paid.I know lots of Oregonians, who refused to take a job in California, because they didn't make enough money, to actually live there. It was too expensive!

They are correct,you would be better off looking in Washington state, Colorado, even Idaho. Idaho's got jobs now. Oregon has very low paid jobs practically nothing. But seriously, Washington state Idaho, even South or North Dakota if they have good jobs.I would look into Chattanooga, as long as they've got enough money to live on. You going to be a lot better off in the South, then you are in a hideous place like Los Angeles. Its dangerous there.unfortunately, California has gone to ROT. It's rotten and it's too expensive to live in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 12:26 AM

68 posts, read 169,146 times
Based on your fear of the homosessuals, you may want to put down roots in Hicksville, Tennessee or somewhere where the yokels thrive.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:59 AM

4,213 posts, read 8,317,889 times
You know those "perfect" white upper middle families you worship will never really accept you ? That closeted pedophiles are what you need to worry about, not out and proud homosexuals ?

Try Utah, Idaho

Old 08-16-2014, 12:04 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,365,494 times
If you want to live in LA proper, there are few white areas outside of the rich Westside neighborhoods (and even those are white but diverse, like lots of Persians, Jews, etc.), and the Westside does not seem to be your kind of place anyways (and you need $$ for the whitest parts).

I would some place like Chatsworth or something? Something in the Valley, but still white, and conservative and not rich. Not many places left like that.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:39 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,147,459 times
I can't believe no one has recommend West Hollywood to this poster yet. It is exactly what you are looking for. It is very in demand because it offers everything you are looking for and there are not many places like it left in LA as you can imagine, so if you come across any ad online, jump at it, don't wait to see it in person.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:11 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,638,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melody daniels View Post
okay, in the first place if you moved to Los Angeles, your husband better be making a huge wage. And I mean, a huge wage for Los Angeles. Because California is just about the most expensive state in the United States to live in. So if he's not making a tremendous amount of money, you're not going to live any place but a slum. And it doesn't sound like the job is that fantastically paid.I know lots of Oregonians, who refused to take a job in California, because they didn't make enough money, to actually live there. It was too expensive!

They are correct,you would be better off looking in Washington state, Colorado, even Idaho. Idaho's got jobs now. Oregon has very low paid jobs practically nothing. But seriously, Washington state Idaho, even South or North Dakota if they have good jobs.I would look into Chattanooga, as long as they've got enough money to live on. You going to be a lot better off in the South, then you are in a hideous place like Los Angeles. Its dangerous there.unfortunately, California has gone to ROT. It's rotten and it's too expensive to live in!
It never ceases to amaze me how someone can paint an entire State with one very broad brush. Did a California girl steal your boyfriend or something?

Old 08-16-2014, 07:46 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,570,757 times
Sounds to me like you got some bad advice. Racial indicators for neighborhood quality aren't valid here. You want to look more at average income. Areas with higher earners are going to demand better schools for their kids, safer neighborhoods, and more amenities. It's not about race here.

That's not to say there isn't racism here, there is. But you're doing it wrong and your question offends most of us and should offend all of us. Please stay where you are. You won't do well here even in an all white area because the all white areas you seek won't welcome you since you're not white.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:50 PM

120 posts, read 217,054 times
The middle school in my neighborhood is not white. It's light green with dark green trim.

Old 08-17-2014, 10:00 AM

172 posts, read 274,798 times
I don't think there are any "all white hoods" left in LA. A few places that have quite a few whites are Valencia, Simi Valley, Palos Verdes, maybe, Bradbury, San Dimas/Rancho Cucamonga. Try Orange County, Huntington Beach, Newport.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:26 AM

245 posts, read 713,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
I can't believe no one has recommend West Hollywood to this poster yet. It is exactly what you are looking for. It is very in demand because it offers everything you are looking for and there are not many places like it left in LA as you can imagine, so if you come across any ad online, jump at it, don't wait to see it in person.

I agree. The OP should check this from another thread:

JUDGMENTAL MAPS: Los Angeles, CA by S.H.F. S.H.F. Copr. 2014. All...

Areas around WeHo seems to be what she is looking for….
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles