Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2015, 08:23 PM

1 posts, read 847 times

Advertisements

I was in a car accident,I was in a left turn lane making a legal left turn a man driving up the wrong side of the road hit me,he lied and told the insurance I was two lanes over and made a crazy u turn across all the lanes of traffic,our insurance sent it to a arbitrator who sided with him,do I need to get a lawyer does anyone know of a arbitrator's decision being overturned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 08:57 PM

240 posts, read 1,423,708 times
You should have consulted with an attorney before going to arbitration, but as it is past that point now, it is always a good idea to consult an attorney to understand your rights. It might be too late, but you won't know unless you contact an attorney immediately and make sure you show them all the paperwork.

Old 01-07-2015, 03:39 PM

99 posts, read 125,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin426 View Post
I was in a car accident,I was in a left turn lane making a legal left turn a man driving up the wrong side of the road hit me,he lied and told the insurance I was two lanes over and made a crazy u turn across all the lanes of traffic,our insurance sent it to a arbitrator who sided with him,do I need to get a lawyer does anyone know of a arbitrator's decision being overturned.
From what I can remember from my legal studies, in alternative dispute resolutions there are two types of arbitrator's decisions:

1) non-binding, you can pursue legal action if not happy with an outcome of the arbitration

2) binding resolution: Arbitrator's decision is final, and you can't go to court AFTER decision is made. Check your paperwork to see.

I'm not sure, but maybe in the second case competent attorney may get you off the hook by claiming that you did not fully understand the proceedings, or something like that. I heard that people were suing just because they were forced to use arbitration.
Once again, check if the Arbitrator's resolution is final and contact competent attorney. Good luck!

Old 01-07-2015, 08:20 PM

6,358 posts, read 7,770,912 times
Another example why I'm glad I purchased a dashcam. No more "he said, she said".

Old 01-07-2015, 11:14 PM

817 posts, read 922,764 times
Is it true LAPD will not make an accident report unless there are injuries?

Old 01-08-2015, 11:16 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,830,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown91737 View Post
Is it true LAPD will not make an accident report unless there are injuries?
Not sure if this is widespread truth, but they wouldn't make an official report when my friend had his accident (I was a passenger). When I called 911, they didn't even want to come out after I said no one was injured, but I insisted on the grounds that we were blocking traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles