Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 08:25 PM

17 posts, read 20,035 times

Advertisements

Hello,

So i'm going to be moving to Studio City in a few months for work. Do you guys have any suggestions for a particular area in studio city that would be good for a young professional, single, mid 20s to live in? I'm looking to rent a 1 bedroom apt around 2-2.5k a month.

I'm looking for an area within studio city that has a lot of activity with a younger vibe to it (restaurants/bars/stores/gyms). I realize i'll probably be making a short drive to Hollywood/WeHo/Beverly Hills for the better night life, but it's always nice to have some options close by.

Thanks for the feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 08:57 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,918,635 times
The bars and restaurants are mostly concentrated on Ventura Blvd. All of Studio City is nice but you may want to live within walking distance of Ventura Blvd.

Tip: do not move into the gigantic Avalon apartment complex on Vineland, its is horrible.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:03 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howiester View Post
The bars and restaurants are mostly concentrated on Ventura Blvd. All of Studio City is nice but you may want to live within walking distance of Ventura Blvd.

Tip: do not move into the gigantic Avalon apartment complex on Vineland, its is horrible.
This is good advice.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:19 PM

Do you guys have any suggestions of popular apartment complexes in studio city for someone in their mid 20s?

Old 05-21-2015, 08:46 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
I agree that all of Studio City is good/safe/nice . It's not that big of an area and it's not one of those neighborhoods where there are blocks you have to avoid.

Ventura Blvd, is getting more upscale, trendy, hip all the time it seems.

I don't have suggestions for apartment complexes, if you want to save some money you might want to look at smaller mom/pop owned buildings versus the large corporate buildings. I have heard bad things about Avalon , I used to live across from the one in Hollywood on Fuller, I remember the rents were insane even back then. I had read a lot of bad reviews about the management of that one too.

I know people like to say they have the 'amenities' of the larger complexes...but are those 'amenities' really worth the extra money?

Old 05-21-2015, 08:54 PM

73 posts, read 119,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danthenub12 View Post
Hello,

So i'm going to be moving to Studio City in a few months for work. Do you guys have any suggestions for a particular area in studio city that would be good for a young professional, single, mid 20s to live in? I'm looking to rent a 1 bedroom apt around 2-2.5k a month.

I'm looking for an area within studio city that has a lot of activity with a younger vibe to it (restaurants/bars/stores/gyms). I realize i'll probably be making a short drive to Hollywood/WeHo/Beverly Hills for the better night life, but it's always nice to have some options close by.

Thanks for the feedback!
I would say Studio Ciyy night life is better than Beverly Hills. Not much nightlife at all in BH.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:55 PM

73 posts, read 119,207 times
Quote:
Do you guys have any suggestions of popular apartment complexes in studio city for someone in their mid 20s?
Move to an apartment building walking distance to the Blvd. and you'd be fine.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:11 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngcorporate View Post
I would say Studio Ciyy night life is better than Beverly Hills. Not much nightlife at all in BH.
Yes, I think this is one misconception of Beverly Hills from people out of the area. I think they expect it to be glamorous with a lot of nightlife, but BH nightlife is pretty dead. A lot of it may have to do with neighbors not wanting "outsiders" in their neighborhood especially later and night with drinking and carrying on till all ours.

I don't think there are any actual clubs in Beverly Hills proper...I could be wrong though.

Old 06-07-2015, 07:58 PM

Have you guys heard any feedback regarding the Avalon Studio 4121 apartments off of Radford?

Old 06-07-2015, 08:46 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,918,635 times
Quote:
Have you guys heard any feedback regarding the Avalon Studio 4121 apartments off of Radford?
Building is new and pretty quiet. Good location too. I've never lived there but wouldn't mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles