Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 11:53 PM

497 posts, read 1,503,531 times

Advertisements

For some reason, unknown to me, I lost my parking ticket... It just plain disappeared.. so after about 20 minutes of searching, I went to the parking office with my sales receipt to see if they could give me another pass or if I could pay at the counter etc... $28.00 for a lost ticket is what they wanted with an odd smirk..so I said "thanks but no thanks" and the lady replied:

"You will not be able to get your car out until the $28.00 is paid" with a real smart a** tone...

So I walked over to the entrance and pushed the button for another ticket and another attendant laughed and said "It won't give you one"....I told him what happened and that I've only been here about 45 minutes. He replied with a funny grin "It's not my Problem"...He was the boss and that's that....in his mind.

Well Guess what folks...I didn't Pay the $28.00 and I drove my car right on out of the facility...After, I took all the merchandise I purchased & returned it with a statement that I can no longer support this mall with the parking games they play.

$28.00 is a rip-off and I was done with that place, but I decided to swing around the block and re-enter than re-exit again without paying.. So now I guess I'm ok with Century City's Westfield mall since I will never pay for parking again. But I doubt I will bother going there. I found the same items at bed bath/beyond and saved about $15.00.

Thank you for taking the time to read my rant...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 12:18 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,829,916 times
I think the question everyone is going to ask is how did you get in and out of the parking structure?

Once I saw someone in the Century lot speed out, riding the bumper of the car in front of them through the gate arm to get out of paying.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:22 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,183,882 times
You can just go to the main help desk and get a new ticket if you bought stuff, dude.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:51 AM

2,148 posts, read 2,924,450 times
Once at Santa Monica place mall the same thing happened to me. The parking management was so rude and wouldn't let me out of the parking lot without paying a lost ticket fee.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
You can just go to the main help desk and get a new ticket if you bought stuff, dude.
I tried that and they said you have to spend over $250.00 to get a pass.. Anything under that costs $28.00.

I spent $105.00 and showed her my receipt..

Old 03-05-2015, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeeps View Post
riding the bumper of the car in front of them through the gate arm to get out of paying.

😀

Old 03-05-2015, 01:22 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,183,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggd1 View Post
I tried that and they said you have to spend over $250.00 to get a pass.. Anything under that costs $28.00.

I spent $105.00 and showed her my receipt..
They were supposed to have dropped that policy last Fall.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:34 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,654,340 times
It seems like EVERYBODY is charging for parking these days. I remember when you could park in the Century City mall free for the first 3 (?) hours. It was long enough for my friends and me to do a little shopping at the record store and such, and take in a movie or eat at one of the non-Clifton restaurants -- was it Bob's Big Boy?

BTW, do they still have the piano guy, or did that go out with the 80's?

Old 03-05-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
They were supposed to have dropped that policy last Fall.
You would think someone who spent about 100 would get a validation... But they were firm... $250..

Yet I have been behind people who drove up to the exit , did not pay, and claimed they had no cash or credit cards.. After awhile and a big backup .. They were let go..

Old 03-05-2015, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
It seems like EVERYBODY is charging for parking these days. I remember when you could park in the Century City mall free for the first 3 (?) hours. It was long enough for my friends and me to do a little shopping at the record store and such, and take in a movie or eat at one of the non-Clifton restaurants -- was it Bob's Big Boy?

BTW, do they still have the piano guy, or did that go out with the 80's?

I remember those days too... When they first started charging, they said it was because neighboring office employees were parking in the lot and walking to work. Then they changed the story saying it was the store employees at the mall...they did this because people wanted a few free hours on the weekend and they had no excuses....

Westfield is a global property owner with many malls.. Multiply the income from parking across the world and u can see the decision was a corporate one to increase their bottom line...the employee parking statement is just an excuse..to cover up the real reason..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles