Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 07:25 AM

631 posts, read 749,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Quite.

I'm fairly certain Minneapolis has the biggest job growth in the Midwest. It's definitely only second to Chicago for banking and finance but it doesn't have all of its problems.

Which States Have Created the Most Job Growth since the Great Recession?

North Dakota job market > California job market
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Santa Cruz has a large homeless population, because places like your hometown back east send them here. Unlike your hometown, we are willing to help them, which attracts more of them from your hometown, which is back east as you are not a native and simply not from California.

And really, you live in Salinas. The armpit of the central coast. Where is real estate the most valuable, Santa Cruz, Salinas, or your home town back east? Answer=Santa Cruz, and for good reason.

Minneapolis is for people who can't hack it in Chicago or Toronto, so they settle for a mid sized cheap metro. YAAAAAAAWN.
So you're saying that homeless people have enough money to travel AAAAALLLLLLLLL the way from "back east" to specifically Santa Cruz, CA because "muh feewings" click "Like" to help the homeless on Facebook. The egotism here is insanely off the charts.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:52 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
Oh look, another person who thinks CA only consists of expensive areas like LA, SF, OC and SD There are plenty of places in CA you can own a nice home, car and a boat making $80k a year or even less.
Of course there are but I think the point is that these cheaper places lack jobs and amenities you'd find in cheaper cities across the US.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:00 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Santa Cruz has a large homeless population, because places like your hometown back east send them here. Unlike your hometown, we are willing to help them, which attracts more of them from your hometown, which is back east as you are not a native and simply not from California.

And really, you live in Salinas. The armpit of the central coast. Where is real estate the most valuable, Santa Cruz, Salinas, or your home town back east? Answer=Santa Cruz, and for good reason.

Minneapolis is for people who can't hack it in Chicago or Toronto, so they settle for a mid sized cheap metro. YAAAAAAAWN.
So you really believe that eastern states are actively sending homeless people to Salinas? Now that's funny. They sure are busy sending them to SF, LA and SD too, not to mention Hawaii (they have a ton). I cannot imagine anyone leaving, say, Indianapolis for San Diego (or really most places in California) or Maui. Please help me to understand why someone from such a beautiful place would prefer to be a bum in one of those places. I'm so perplexed.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:24 AM

3,830 posts, read 4,664,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomkz View Post

Which States Have Created the Most Job Growth since the Great Recession?

North Dakota job market > California job market
First off, where did I even mention the CA job market? Can you not read my post? What does CA have to do with the Midwest?

Secondly I was talking about cities. Not dumps in the middle of nowhere that only have strip clubs and trailer parks.

Nice try though.

Feel free to North Dakota, I'm sure some of the men up there that have been out in the wild for months wouldn't mind some fresh meat.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
First off, where did I even mention the CA job market? Can you not read my post? What does CA have to do with the Midwest?

Secondly I was talking about cities. Not dumps in the middle of nowhere that only have strip clubs and trailer parks.

Nice try though.

Feel free to North Dakota, I'm sure some of the men up there that have been out in the wild for months wouldn't mind some fresh meat.
Wait, I must have gotten lost on the way in to the Los Angeles board, this is the California board right?

Quote:
Quite.

I'm fairly certain Minneapolis has the biggest job growth in the Midwest. It's definitely only second to Chicago for banking and finance but it doesn't have all of its problems.
You post about those to compare them directly to the relevance of the board itself, it's something implied.

On the note of your generally egotistical "worldly views" about the rest of the United States, you continue to represent the average "Californian" view. So let's get some facts straight about the strip clubs and trailer parks.

There are 2 strip clubs in North Dakota and there are over 100 strip clubs in California, which means that per population there are more strip clubs in California per person.

There are about 20 trailer parks in North Dakota and there are over 300 trailer parks in California.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomkz View Post
Wait, I must have gotten lost on the way in to the Los Angeles board, this is the California board right?

You post about those to compare them directly to the relevance of the board itself, it's something implied.

On the note of your generally egotistical "worldly views" about the rest of the United States, you continue to represent the average "Californian" view. So let's get some facts straight about the strip clubs and trailer parks.

There are 2 strip clubs in North Dakota and there are over 100 strip clubs in California, which means that per population there are more strip clubs in California per person.

There are about 20 trailer parks in North Dakota and there are over 300 trailer parks in California.
Before I get into the enormous demand for strippers and mass housing in ND I want you to answer this question.

When I mention "most growth" and have Minneapolis and Chicago listed, why would you think it's appropriate to bring up north Dakota?

You know that Minneapolis is a city of approximately 3.5 MILLLION people in the MSA. North Dakota has less than 750k in the whole state.

You do know the difference between a city and a state, right?

Old 07-24-2015, 08:41 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,012,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Wizard, quit trolling.

Minneapolis is a nice city. Why do you expect every city to be comparable to a CA town? And you're from Santa Cruz, lol. Small city trying to tell a mid size city it's no good. You're laughable bud.
Uh I grew up like 3000 feet south of runway 7R at LAX, and my parents still live there . Perhaps you have heard of the Los Angeles metro.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:44 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,012,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
So you really believe that eastern states are actively sending homeless people to Salinas? Now that's funny. They sure are busy sending them to SF, LA and SD too, not to mention Hawaii (they have a ton). I cannot imagine anyone leaving, say, Indianapolis for San Diego (or really most places in California) or Maui. Please help me to understand why someone from such a beautiful place would prefer to be a bum in one of those places. I'm so perplexed.
Salinas is not his homeown. Hopefully that helps you understand. LOL.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Salinas is not his homeown. Hopefully that helps you understand. LOL.
Some posts just go over people's heads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles