Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 02:25 PM

810 posts, read 2,162,494 times

Advertisements

he is visiting next weekend and wants to go see areas to live in. coming for a job interview. I suggested Westwood. also sherman oaks and studio city. late 20's single. lives near dc. likes an urban environment. I'm looking into commutes and is westwood to sherman oaks generally within a half hr. I think it's a better location than so or studio city. what are sherman oaks and studio city like for nightlife? also he can easily have a roommate but would like as cheap as possible. i'm guessing a good limit would be $850/mo. i have checked out craigslist but don't know the specifics of the areas. I live in OC now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 04:11 PM

1,297 posts, read 5,509,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivo View Post
he is visiting next weekend and wants to go see areas to live in. coming for a job interview. I suggested Westwood. also sherman oaks and studio city. late 20's single. lives near dc. likes an urban environment. I'm looking into commutes and is westwood to sherman oaks generally within a half hr. I think it's a better location than so or studio city. what are sherman oaks and studio city like for nightlife? also he can easily have a roommate but would like as cheap as possible. i'm guessing a good limit would be $850/mo. i have checked out craigslist but don't know the specifics of the areas. I live in OC now.
He should look in Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Encino, and southern tip of van nuys. Ventura Blvd will be his nightlife and he can easily drive over to hollywood & west la on weekends. There are some pretty cool places along ventura blvd, such as "Senor Fred".

No need to drive 45 minutes out of your way, each way, 5 days a week.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:21 PM

67 posts, read 518,639 times
Are those areas generally safe? (Ventura Blvd, Hollywood, West LA)

Old 01-19-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggd View Post
He should look in Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Encino, and southern tip of van nuys. Ventura Blvd will be his nightlife and he can easily drive over to hollywood & west la on weekends. There are some pretty cool places along ventura blvd, such as "Senor Fred".

No need to drive 45 minutes out of your way, each way, 5 days a week.
the commute from westwood to sherman oaks is 45 min?

Old 01-20-2008, 06:41 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
the commute from westwood to sherman oaks is 45 min?
In traffic, at least that. At 3AM, maybe 15-30 minutes depending how deep off the freeway you have to drive.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
In traffic, at least that. At 3AM, maybe 15-30 minutes depending how deep off the freeway you have to drive.
3 AM lol. you must be exagerrating. 3PM on a weekend has to be decent as well. well unfortunately have to cross Westwood off my list. what about the studio city commute?

Old 01-20-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
3 AM lol. you must be exagerrating. 3PM on a weekend has to be decent as well. well unfortunately have to cross Westwood off my list. what about the studio city commute?
Three PM on a weekend will more than likely suck too.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:27 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Three PM on a weekend will more than likely suck too.
yes, it would. southbound laurel canyon, coldwater canyon, and the 405 are ALL a mess on saturday afternoons. sundays aren't so bad unless it's summer and the weather is especially oppressive in the valley. then, EVERYBODY comes over the hill.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
yes, it would. southbound laurel canyon, coldwater canyon, and the 405 are ALL a mess on saturday afternoons. sundays aren't so bad unless it's summer and the weather is especially oppressive in the valley. then, EVERYBODY comes over the hill.
crap. can't wait till the light rail or subway is completed to santa monica. but for now u can at least take bus rapid trans (orange line) to north hollywood and maybe there to hollywood. hehe u can at least get to redondo beach and take a bus but that would take forever i'm guessing. not sure if it's worse than driving timewise at high traffic times. well I'm going to take my friend to sherman oaks to check it out to live.

per weather.com the summer temps aren't oppressive well the monthly averages

Average Weather for Sherman Oaks, CA - Temperature and Precipitation

Old 01-20-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:

per weather.com the summer temps aren't oppressive well the monthly averages

Average Weather for Sherman Oaks, CA - Temperature and Precipitation
Those data seem wrong. In fact there was a thread on the bizarre data for Sherman Oaks. Sherman Oaks is much warmer in summer than your hyperlink indicates.

//www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...oler-than.html

This is more like it:

Average Weather for Studio City, CA - Temperature and Precipitation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles