Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 11:12 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,248,636 times

Advertisements

and it happened just now.

it was my first time driving through it and holy $hit. how on earth hasn't the city done something about it?

it is quite pathetic that you see this kinda stuff in a FIRST WORLD COUNTRY.... LET ALONE ONE OF THE RICHEST CITIES IN THE WORLD.

mind = blown.

anyways, this was my reaction driving through it:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 01:24 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,992 times
How many times did you have to change your panties?

Old 05-31-2015, 01:33 AM

3,890 posts, read 4,546,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
and it happened just now.

it was my first time driving through it and holy $hit. how on earth hasn't the city done something about it?

it is quite pathetic that you see this kinda stuff in a FIRST WORLD COUNTRY.... LET ALONE ONE OF THE RICHEST CITIES IN THE WORLD.

mind = blown.

anyways, this was my reaction driving through it:
Ha! I know the feeling... last time we drove through there, we were on the way to The Pantry for an afternoon breakfast since we were in the LA area. It's unreal! Aside from the usual entertainment, hubby and I were treated to a woman in up the bum shorts furiously "twerking" the pavement.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:48 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,672,061 times
The ACLU really needs to stop their prattle about the act of putting mentally deranged people in hospitals being an alleged violation of their civil rights. The people who live on streets need the mental assistance only a psychiatric hospital can provide.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:16 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,052,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
The ACLU really needs to stop their prattle about the act of putting mentally deranged people in hospitals being an alleged violation of their civil rights. The people who live on streets need the mental assistance only a psychiatric hospital can provide.
Actually, it was Ronald Reagan as Governor who closed the California's long-term residential psychiatric hospitals.The Lanterman–Petris–Short (LPS) Act set the precedent for modern mental health commitment procedures in the United States. It was signed into law in 1967 by Governor Ronald Reagan. The Act went into full effect on July 1, 1972. Among its provisions:

To end the inappropriate, indefinite, and involuntary commitment of mentally disordered persons, people with developmental disabilities, and persons impaired by chronic alcoholism, and to eliminate legal disabilities.

The Act in effect ended all hospital commitments by the judiciary system, except in the case of criminal sentencing, e.g., convicted sexual offenders, and those who were "gravely disabled", defined as unable to obtain food, clothing, or housing.

Although the last line APPEARS to cover many people on Skid Row, most are not considered that disabled under the LPS Act.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
How many times did you have to change your panties?
a couple of times.

had to floor it to not miss a green light.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:28 PM

642 posts, read 2,553,769 times
LMAO Love this post thanks for the laugh Youngtraveler2001! My daughter said the smell wafted through the car when she drove by. Pretty sad. We have to keep them on meds somehow and they dont like to take them

Old 05-31-2015, 10:43 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,946,275 times
How would you like to patrol that area as long as I did? All I could do was try to pick up the pieces.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrolman View Post
How would you like to patrol that area as long as I did? All I could do was try to pick up the pieces.
just take all of those people and ship them to a remote island broseph.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:08 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,770,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
just take all of those people and ship them to a remote island broseph.
You sound like a selfish and spoiled brat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles