Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 09:56 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
Any native californian who has been outside of CA knows how unliked CA is. Even more so if they are from LA. I don't even like telling people where I'm from anymore because I have to hear for 15 min all the reasons they don't like LA, even if they asked me first where I'm from first.
I agree with this, lol.

If I'm out of state sometimes I just want to say California...or even Southern California.

If you say L.A it's like the worst possible place you can say you are from in the country.

Even if you say L.A people will mention places they like in CA besides L.A

Like "Oh I love Santa Barbara. " or "I went to San Francisco before it's nice "

I was born here ...so I can't speak to the experience of how it would be to visit L.A as a tourist/visitor.

I could picture it being kind of frustrating versus more tourist friendly cities like SF.NYC and others.

It can take a while to get to know L.A ...not days, weeks or even months..but years.

I was in FL and this guy from New York was dissing L.A ...I mentioned how sometimes it's nice to take the subway/rail to avoid traffic and parking especially to Hollywood or Downtown....and he said
"L.A has a subway??"

This is just one example of the ignorance people have about L.A

I'm sure most people on the Westside and other parts of L.A haven't ever taken the rail even once too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 10:04 AM

3,830 posts, read 4,666,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I agree with this, lol.

If I'm out of state sometimes I just want to say California...or even Southern California.

If you say L.A it's like the worst possible place you can say you are from in the country.

Even if you say L.A people will mention places they like in CA besides L.A

Like "Oh I love Santa Barbara. " or "I went to San Francisco before it's nice "

I was born here ...so I can't speak to the experience of how it would be to visit L.A as a tourist/visitor.

I could picture it being kind of frustrating versus more tourist friendly cities like SF.NYC and others.

It can take a while to get to know L.A ...not days, weeks or even months..but years.

I was in FL and this guy from New York was dissing L.A ...I mentioned how sometimes it's nice to take the subway/rail to avoid traffic and parking especially to Hollywood or Downtown....and he said
"L.A has a subway??"

This is just one example of the ignorance people have about L.A

I'm sure most people on the Westside and other parts of L.A haven't ever taken the rail even once too.
I don't really care what some plebs in flyover country think of LA. They're just jealous.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:57 AM

452 posts, read 620,314 times
Quote:
I don't really care what some plebs in flyover country think of LA. They're just jealous.
Malarkey and hogwash. Pure hubris.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Yeah but jealous people never admit they are jealous..

"Me jealous??? Yeah right!"

Old 07-30-2015, 11:33 AM

"If you're talking about the shopping center where Big 5 is located, it was a Max Foods and before that, Luckys. I'm sick of this Chinese Chit! I want MY country back!
These imagrants eat what us Americans call garbage!"

Guess who liked this comment?..

//www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...9-ranch-6.html

Old 07-30-2015, 01:13 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,666,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 909er View Post
Malarkey and hogwash. Pure hubris.
I mean I understand why. The Midwest is basically the armpit of America while LA is this shining glitzy beacon of wealth and glamour. It's perfectly reasonable for those chumps to be jealous.

It's why it attracts low educated farm folk with their fancy Dan AA degrees to try their luck at the big city. Sadly most of them crash and burn and then return to the country side with their tail between their legs.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:49 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,423,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
"If you're talking about the shopping center where Big 5 is located, it was a Max Foods and before that, Luckys. I'm sick of this Chinese Chit! I want MY country back!
These imagrants eat what us Americans call garbage!"

Guess who liked this comment?..

//www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...9-ranch-6.html
For someone who thinks Whataburger is quality dining, losing a Ralph's is like a punch to the gut.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:52 PM

636 posts, read 612,664 times
I'll never understand why Midwesterners think anything here is exceptional. Chi is alright, but that's about it.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:52 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,413,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyuk17 View Post
LA is missing the deli's that New York has.
But they blow away the ones up here (which are truly sad excuses).

Old 07-30-2015, 09:04 PM

452 posts, read 620,314 times
The Midwest is truly exceptional, and certainly ranks above the garbage dump called SoCal. Cost of living, standard of living, education, morals, food quality, on and on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles