Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2015, 02:26 AM

10 posts, read 11,079 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the Los Angeles Area for in the Santa Monica Area. Where is a good place for me to live? I am looking to spending about $1500 to $1600 for rent.

Where should I live?
I am a male in my mid 20s and enjoy have fun every so often

Things that are important to me:

-Safety, Safety, Safety
-Decent night life
-Parking
-Studios and 1 bedrooms
-decent commute
-decent area with attractions

Thank you for the help and any advice you can offer would be greatly greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 12:43 PM

1,626 posts, read 4,015,084 times
You might be able to find a studio apartment in Santa Monica or Venice for that amount. I don't know if there are any 1BR's available at that price anymore. More affordable areas would be Mar Vista, Culver City, West LA, Palms or possibly Brentwood.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:28 PM

10 posts, read 11,079 times
Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar42 View Post
You might be able to find a studio apartment in Santa Monica or Venice for that amount. I don't know if there are any 1BR's available at that price anymore. More affordable areas would be Mar Vista, Culver City, West LA, Palms or possibly Brentwood.

I don't mind living outside of Santa Monica as I know it is very very expensive so I think I'm looking for surrounding safe area with a bearable commute. I will look into these places you mentioned

Old 12-22-2015, 02:36 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,351,289 times
Definitely look into Mar Vista and Palms. I haven't been on the search for rentals in a while, so prices may be way higher, but there were some places in your price range there. Especially around like Overland Ave, Palms Blvd, and National Blvd. You might be able to find something in the Sawtelle or West LA areas. Those areas would put you very close to the Expo Line as well so you could take that to work in Santa Monica depending on how close your work will be to an Expo Line station. That will also allow you to take the Expo into Santa Monica regularly for going out, shopping, the beach, etc. Downtown Culver City also has a lot going on that you would be within walking or short public transit ride to. And on the other end you would have all that Downtown LA offers on the Expo as well.

Old 12-22-2015, 02:53 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,351,289 times
These are all in good locations.

10 minutes from the new Expo Line station about to open at Palms and 10 minutes walk to downtown Culver City which is full of restaurants and bars and has a Trader Joe's and movie theaters and some other shops.
1 bdrm apt. Available Culver City

1 block from the new Palms station. 10 minutes from DTCC.
VIDEO TOUR! MODERN STUDIO, PATIO, POOL, HARDWD, PARKING, PET OK! 5526

This one is right in Santa Monica. Santa Monica has its own bus system called the Big Blue Bus and they run their own lines all connecting to downtown Santa Monica but to other parts of LA also. There is a line down Ocean Park.
Lower one bedroom one bathroom apartment with no one above you!

But yeah there are plenty of options if you don't need luxury. Look for something directly east of downtown Santa Monica. I mean geographically not mileage wise. Anything to the east of downtown Santa Monica will have easy public transit access on rapid buses down Santa Monica, Wilshire and other Boulevards. Depending on where in SaMo you work and what type of work, parking can be horrendous there and traffic is always miserable in SaMo. So living near the Expo Line would be a huge benefit. I have a feeling the area around the Palm station will start getting a lot more expensive with its easy access to both SaMo and DTLA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles