Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 08:39 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,925,448 times

Advertisements

Today I read an article in the Daily News that the westfield village is struggling and a cupcake store closed before Christmas. Hopefully this lovely shopping center just has to get the kinks out and it will be a successful shopping center.

Here is the daily news article
ConfeXion Cupcakes is first Village at Westfield Topanga retailer to close
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 10:01 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
They charge for parking, need not say more.

Old 01-01-2016, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
They charge for parking, need not say more.
Westfield should remove paid parking to boost this malls business.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:03 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,054,161 times
Costco is moving and IKEA is moving in. Free parking for the first 15 minutes.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Where is Costco moving to? An IKEA would be great at the village.

Old 01-01-2016, 08:59 AM

1,855 posts, read 2,918,182 times
Seems more like a big box haven than a "village."

Old 01-01-2016, 05:17 PM

368 posts, read 366,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
15 free minutes for a Costco? You can't go through the line where they check your receipt in 15 minutes

Old 01-02-2016, 07:19 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,929,392 times
I live nearby and pass it all the time. It always seems to be packed, could be the restaurants. The paid parking is definitely a stupid idea and the parking structure is a nightmare. I won't be surprised if the stores play musical chairs going in and out of business. I'm not a Costco person, so I could care less about them. The good news is that it's really pretty compared to the vacant lots that were there for so long. Personally, I think the double-sized Topanga Plaza offers all the stores we really need. The real question on my mind is what are they going to do with the Promenade. It's always been a ghost town and once they move the AMC to the old Sears location it will be even deader except for, maybe, Maggiano's. I'm thinking condos on that site, we'll see. Botton line, The Village sure ain't the Grove.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:53 PM

908 posts, read 1,303,643 times
I have been there a few times I while I think they have some solid restaurants, it's overall atmosphere isn't quite as nice as The Americana or The Grove. Compared to what else is in the Valley, it's a good looking shopping center, but I do think they will have some tenant turnover. I heard about how one restaurant spent many millions in its build out and I just can't imagine them surviving given the number of restaurant options.

Having an adjacent Costco is out of place though, and it detracts from trying to create a high end shopping center atmosphere.

Westfield likely would have benefited from making the shopping center a bit smaller and more cozy like a Caruso property. But I'd give it another year to see what happens. If it can't bring in folks during summer and next year's holiday season, then there may be an issue.

Old 01-02-2016, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAappraiser View Post
I live nearby and pass it all the time. It always seems to be packed, could be the restaurants. The paid parking is definitely a stupid idea and the parking structure is a nightmare. I won't be surprised if the stores play musical chairs going in and out of business. I'm not a Costco person, so I could care less about them. The good news is that it's really pretty compared to the vacant lots that were there for so long. Personally, I think the double-sized Topanga Plaza offers all the stores we really need. The real question on my mind is what are they going to do with the Promenade. It's always been a ghost town and once they move the AMC to the old Sears location it will be even deader except for, maybe, Maggiano's. I'm thinking condos on that site, we'll see. Botton line, The Village sure ain't the Grove.
Everytime I go on sur la tables website all of the instore cooking classes are always sold out. Il Fornaio is hard to get a reservation at because they are always full. The double sized Topanga plaza does offer all the stores that people need.

I'm sure stores at the village like Crate and Barrel,Z Gallerie and Sur La Table have a better chance at staying in business than the local stores at the village.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: