Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 04:12 AM

5 posts, read 4,146 times

Advertisements

The point is that drivers anywhere use their perception and awareness of surroundings to navigate a motor vehicle on the road, in alot of cases you question thier common sense or wonder if they should be opperating a vehicle at all, inability to align their vehicle to the lines to allow traffic behind pass.

saw one lady not close enough to trigger the lights I tried from the other side to get her to move up but she didn't understand English.

Their is nothing you can do but get frustrated as they are not making the roads any safer.
Hopefully automated cars can solve this problem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 05:12 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,386,030 times
I was just in LA and believe me, LA drivers are great and courteous compared to passive/aggressive Canadians and their new arrivals. I drove courier in LA in the seventies and the patterns are the same, except the bottlenecks are now longer. A neighbor drove me to the Museum near UCLA (across the entire city) and I noticed he has some kind of eye myopia of some kind; he was wandering all over the place. Everyone chilled, including the big trucks.

Up here we have students and retired; both would last two minutes in LA.

During the Olympics in Italy apparently the "red" light is just a "suggestion" over there. In Holland stay off the sidewalk or you'll get run over. It could be a lot worse.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:42 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,414,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
I sure have.

90% of the people living in this city are the most incompetent fools I've ever seen.

i dont know if these people are genuinely retarded, inconsiderate or straight up a-holes.

example: left turn lane.

THE IDIOTS WHO DONT FULLY GET ON THIS LANE TO TURN LEFT, LEAVING THEIR A$$ES STICKING OUT IN THE OTHER LANE MESSING UP THE ENTIRE TRAFFIC.

and dont even get me started on idiots who try to turn left when theres 3 signs saying no left turn during rush hour.

i seriously want to get out of my car and beat the hell out of these amoebas with a baseball bat.

am i the only one?
This post also applies to 49 other states. You are not alone.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:22 AM

548 posts, read 474,830 times
I love driving in LA compared to other places. The drivers are way more considerate.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:28 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,894,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
I sure have.

90% of the people living in this city are the most incompetent fools I've ever seen.

i dont know if these people are genuinely retarded, inconsiderate or straight up a-holes.

example: left turn lane.

THE IDIOTS WHO DONT FULLY GET ON THIS LANE TO TURN LEFT, LEAVING THEIR A$$ES STICKING OUT IN THE OTHER LANE MESSING UP THE ENTIRE TRAFFIC.

and dont even get me started on idiots who try to turn left when theres 3 signs saying no left turn during rush hour.

i seriously want to get out of my car and beat the hell out of these amoebas with a baseball bat.

am i the only one?
Find a good car modification shop and have them install a big air horn - like the type on a train or at least a big commercial semi tractor-trailer rig. Something like this 3 trumpet 152 decibel system:

Then, when someone does something stupid in their car, just lean on your horn. After all, they need feedback in order to learn the rules of the road.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:38 AM

548 posts, read 474,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Find a good car modification shop and have them install a big air horn - like the type on a train or at least a big commercial semi tractor-trailer rig. Something like this 3 trumpet 152 decibel system:

Then, when someone does something stupid in their car, just lean on your horn. After all, they need feedback in order to learn the rules of the road.
Yeah mount that sucker right on the hood of your car. That'll show em!

Old 01-18-2016, 10:01 AM

4,451 posts, read 6,809,966 times
Answer #1-
I'm perfect, part of being perfect is understanding that no one can be as perfect as me. I tolerate and forgive the inadequacies of imperfect drivers or those with poor judgement, because it is part of being perfect. Sometimes I roll down my window and let them bask in my greatness by offering them kind educational lessons.

Answer #2-
No, growing up here, car to car shootings were in the news way too often, we still get them on occasion. You'd be the one pulling out the gun, so I guess you'll make the news.

People are predictable, I alway expect a car/van loaded with people to cut across 5 lanes from the 405 S carpool lane to the 105 west to get to LAX. Same goes for the 10 west to the K-Town exit.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:02 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,834,131 times
You don't know what road rage is until you've lived in Glendale

Old 01-18-2016, 10:06 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,894,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
You don't know what road rage is until you've lived in Glendale
I thought the only people who voluntarily lived in Glendale were in the Federal Witness Relocation Program.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:12 AM

197 posts, read 280,022 times
I get angry seeing people flying between lanes and generally driving dangerously. Anyone is welcome to commit suicide by car, but you're endangering other people. Including my favorite person, me.

Why some people buy the fastest cars in the world and drive in the most congested traffic in America (well, very congested) is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles