Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2006, 07:43 PM

186 posts, read 835,442 times

Advertisements

This forum seems to be focused on informing out-of-towners or soon to be out-of-towners, as it should, I suppose. I wanted to make a thread for us locals.

How are you guys going to spend your holiday this season in Southland?

I just moved here about 4 months ago, and my fiance hasnt moved in with me yet. She is only going to be here for about 4 days (so sad!!), so I can only see about 1/5 the things that I want to check out.

Since this is my first holiday season in LA, I am going to checkout

the light festival in griffith park
I am going to do downtown on ice, (ice skating in pershing square downtown)
and I am going to a local christmas festival in torrance and manhattan beach.

I wanted to know what festivals, activities, or things you guys are going to be doing this holiday season.

Here's to a great 2007 holiday season!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2006, 10:37 PM

107 posts, read 721,024 times
I hear the gangs will be spray painting their graffiti in red and green this season. So festive!

Old 11-22-2006, 12:10 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
I think the Groves shopping center has special things each year -- but I'm not sure what or when. I only figured out where the Groves was this year! LOL! I know they had a big tree and REAL snow one year!

We usually do a lot of things in January. That's when the Armenians celebrate Armenian New Year (January 6, I think it is) and Chinese New Year (go to Chinatown, watch the parade, eat at one of the restaurants at night because the dragon dancers go around to all the businesses that are open).

Don't forget the Rose parade on January 1st.

Old 11-22-2006, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I think the Groves shopping center has special things each year -- but I'm not sure what or when. I only figured out where the Groves was this year! LOL! I know they had a big tree and REAL snow one year!

We usually do a lot of things in January. That's when the Armenians celebrate Armenian New Year (January 6, I think it is) and Chinese New Year (go to Chinatown, watch the parade, eat at one of the restaurants at night because the dragon dancers go around to all the businesses that are open).

Don't forget the Rose parade on January 1st.
That is REALLY cool. I love culture. I should try and check out some cultural holiday events. That would be a lot of fun. Also, the Rose Parade sounds really cool, but I will save that one for next year. I hear the christmas tree at the grove and at fashion island are the biggest trees around. 100 feet. Should be interesting to see if that is a myth or the truth. Anyway, thanks for the ideas

Old 11-22-2006, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdu View Post
I hear the gangs will be spray painting their graffiti in red and green this season. So festive!
Um. So I take it you are doing nothing for the holidays in LA.

Old 11-22-2006, 02:29 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,552,477 times
I'll be spending the day tomorrow driving... My kids and I are going to Palmdale to visit my brother, and then to La Crescenta to visit my ex-father-in-law (what a mouthful!). There are worse ways to spend the holiday, though!

Old 11-22-2006, 02:39 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
I found a website that has an LA calendar of "Things to do." It's the best one I've found so far. It's "experiencela.com".

Check it out! I found a lot of things I didn't even know about. There is even a list of LA Museum "Free Days."

Old 11-25-2006, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I found a website that has an LA calendar of "Things to do." It's the best one I've found so far. It's "experiencela.com".

Check it out! I found a lot of things I didn't even know about. There is even a list of LA Museum "Free Days."
I have the site bookmared. It is a good website. Even better are the EXTRA links it gives you!!! If you chase the links you will find all kinds of goodies. THanks for posting the site!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles