Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 01:49 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
It's hard to have much compassion when you're trying to clear a sidewalk, and the drugged out addict is laying in front of you, stroking himself furiously, while maintaining eye contact with you while he does it.
Yeah unfortunately that's the reality .
The "homeless advocates" act like all the homeless are sweet angels that can do no wrong .
The homeless aren't dumb , they come to LA and stay here because they know they can get away with stuff they could never get away with in most cities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 02:54 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
The "homeless advocates" act like all the homeless are sweet angels that can do no wrong .
The homeless aren't dumb , they come to LA and stay here because they know they can get away with stuff they could never get away with in most cities
In San Francisco they get a full bag of tax payer funded Rx drugs to "help" them with their bipolar/schizophrenia before they are sent back out into the streets.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
In San Francisco they get a full bag of tax payer funded Rx drugs to "help" them with their bipolar/schizophrenia before they are sent back out into the streets.
Yeah it seems like Bay Area is even more extreme.
It looks like L.A is heading in that direction too unfortunately considering the actions and things that Garcetti and the top 'leaders' in the city are saying.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:52 PM

484 posts, read 822,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
How are the cops even supposed to do their job anymore? I feel bad for them. Constantly having to watch their back, for obvious reasons, but then double watching any reaction for fear of the PC police.
I agree. The PC nonsense is making the job of police officers untenable.

Old 06-24-2016, 06:39 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
Quote:
It's hard to have much compassion when you're trying to clear a sidewalk, and the drugged out addict is laying in front of you, stroking himself furiously, while maintaining eye contact with you while he does it.
Progressives don't mind their daughters seeing that.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:37 PM

I wonder how Garcetti and the city council would feel if this happened to their kids

Homeless man attacks child near Disney Concert Hall in DTLA | abc7.com

If security wasn't around it seems likely the kid would of been killed .

Or if this happened to their daughter or wife

'NCIS' actress Pauley Perrette attacked by homeless man in Hollywood Hills, police say - LA Times

Or if this happened to their grandfather

Senior brutally beaten in downtown Los Angeles attack dies | abc7.com

I don't know I'm guessing their tune would change...

There are more attacks and killings that could be posted too

Old 06-25-2016, 02:07 AM

601 posts, read 755,868 times
Quote:
I'm not saying they're angels or even good people, but again, incarcerating them is a huge waste of taxpayer money, and there's currently no other way LAPD can get them off the street. Quite frankly, I do not enjoy being anywhere near most homeless people. But I also don't see the point of wasting millions in taxes to put them in an endless cycle of jail, getting out, back in jail, back out, rinse and repeat.

Also I think they come here for the weather, not 'getting away with stuff', and you can't blame them. If you're gonna be homeless, might as well do it somewhere where it's 80 degrees most of the year.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:06 AM

155 posts, read 260,236 times
Quote:
I wonder how Garcetti and the city council would feel if this happened to their kids

Homeless man attacks child near Disney Concert Hall in DTLA | abc7.com

If security wasn't around it seems likely the kid would of been killed .

Or if this happened to their daughter or wife

'NCIS' actress Pauley Perrette attacked by homeless man in Hollywood Hills, police say - LA Times

Or if this happened to their grandfather

Senior brutally beaten in downtown Los Angeles attack dies | abc7.com

I don't know I'm guessing their tune would change...

There are more attacks and killings that could be posted too
I live in Long Beach, and a lot of the displaced vagrants from Skid Row (because of the slow gentrification downtown LA) are taking the Metro Blue Line straight to downtown Long Beach and it's been quite ridiculous.

They've concentrated upon building shanty towns alongside the 710 FWY aqueduct from Del Amo Blvd area all the way to 6th Ave in LBC. There's been a massive rise in drug abuse, public drunkeness and a slew of property crimes because many of the vagrants are meth heads, crack heads and heroin addicts.

The methadone clinics are getting deluged with people pretending to be recovering addicts who then take the methadone to the shanty towns and sell it or trade it for sexual favors. I know this because one of my neighbors is a police officer in the LBPD and I know the LBC City Council members and they've released a homeless report in the past two months outlining the problems in the city.

The HIV rates are also scary-high with this population, but no one seems to care if they're laying in wait to rape or sexually assault someone.

The LBPD has tried to enforce a clean streets program, but the fake liberals in East Long Beach (aka Belmont Shores) - this area is mainly rich white folks who don't live ANYWHERE NEAR the problems - they are against aggressive policing of the homeless upon "humanitarian" grounds.

This is typical nonsense.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:10 AM

Here's the link to the Long Beach Homeless Report.

Take a look at the pic at the top of this article:

Long Beach Homeless Receive Attention At City Council | News | gazettes.com

Old 06-25-2016, 11:12 AM

Here's an article about the rich white folks in East Long Beach (aka Belmont Shores) FINALLY dealing with the homeless problem.

Increasing Concerns About Homeless Population In East Long Beach | News | gazettes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles