Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 02:02 PM

266 posts, read 271,763 times

Advertisements

Favorite
Beach...Manhattan. So beautiful
Concert venue Hollywood Bowl and the Greek
Park Not the moves but love Woodley park due to the Spring And Fall Fling Mopar shows
Love Griffith Park
Favorite pier SM. Love to people watch there. Malibu pier also nice
Woodland Hills Super car Sunday is fun
Favorite restaurants Dukes in Malibu, Enterprise Seafood, Sunset in Malibu, Pollys on Redondo for a fun lunch on the pier
Neighborhood. The older parts of Beverly Hills. Love it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 11:21 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,159,715 times
Favorite Park: Clutter's Park (my favorite plane spotting location, in El Segundo). Also, Balboa Park because I came here often as a kid to play basketball, rollerblade, etc.

Favorite Bar: Any bar that has a decent football (European) crowd. Lucky Baldwin's used to have a great West Ham contingent. [Rooster] (f'n seriously, C-D?) & Bull was OK for Euro 2004, but I haven't been in years. Cat & Fiddle was fun before it closed down shop.

Favorite Beach: Zuma for swimming, Dockweiler for plane spotting, Manhattan for walking around gawking at beachfront property.

Favorite Cuisine: L.A. is where my fondness for Thai was born, so I'll stick with that, but that barely scratches the surface.

Best Drive (assuming an appropriate car and no cops or other vehicles around): Sepulveda from Ventura up to around the Getty. Beverly Glen and Benedict Canyon. Mulholland is cliche, but it, too.

I'll also throw in my vote for the Venice Canals as a cool place to visit.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:18 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,926,874 times
Love L.A.: Rodeo Drive, Sunset Bl, The Grove/Farmer's Market, Brentwood, Malibu, great weather, lots of blonds and fast pace

Old 09-11-2016, 11:27 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afropack-man View Post
I'm tired of negativity.

Just tell me your favorite thing about Los Angeles.

Favorite Park.

Favorite Bar.

Favorite Beach.

Favorite Cuisine.

Etc.

This is not for the negative peeps. Sorry if you think everything is falling apart. You have 50 other threads to discuss that. Just positive vibes. Just stay out if you have ANYTHING negative to say. Just stay out. I've already heard it.

Discuss.

Obviously L.A. is not perfect at all but damn can I hear some positive stuff? Go!
Negative isn't necessarily bad. People are going to talk about the pros and cons. You could always start a blog.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:39 PM

508 posts, read 504,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Negative isn't necessarily bad. People are going to talk about the pros and cons. You could always start a blog.
or you could just answer the question?

Old 09-28-2016, 11:07 AM

7 posts, read 6,642 times
My favorite beach : Manhattan beach
It's quite quite and private beach for me. I really love it!

Old 09-28-2016, 03:05 PM

471 posts, read 1,830,269 times
Favorite Park. Griffith Park

Favorite Bar. Still searching

Favorite Beach. Manhattan Beach then Malibu

Favorite Cuisine. Roscoes (LOL)

Favorite Neighbohood. Toluca Lake

I also love Vitelli's Jazz, not too many jazz spots in LA

Old 09-28-2016, 08:22 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times
Favorite Park: I prefer biking to the beach. When I just wanna get out, I spend an entire with a new playlist biking all the way from the Marina to usually near Will Rogers Beach. On my beach cruiser. I don't do the speed thing. I like taking things in. It's a fun thing for me, not some competitive thing.

Favorite Bar: Was Barcopa on Main St in Santa Monica. But it's something else now. Haven't been back since it's been whatever it is new now. I generally like most of the bars on Main Street, but I would point out The Victorian and Main on Main specifically. I also like Underground and Ocean Bar in Hermosa. Perch in DTLA is by far my favorite place to just hang out casually on a beautiful night. For a quick casual thing, I liked meeting with friends at Brennan's.

Favorite Beach: El Porto. Grew up with it.

Favorite Cuisine: Thai food is my favorite. My favorite Thai restaurant would probably be Ekkamai on Washington.

Favorite Restaurants: Lala's on Melrose, La Paella on San Vicente, Manna KBBQ, and Tito's Tacos. I have plenty of favorites, but whenever I go home, those are my 4 must haves. I can live without some of the others. But I need those anytime I go home.

Favorite Club: Exchange LA in DTLA .

Favorite Lookout Spot: The Rails in Playa del Rey on Vista del Mar Ln on the bluffs above Vista del Mar.

Favorite Scheduled Activity: First Fridays in Venice. I know it's probably cliche. But I grew up there and have been going longer than most people have lived in the neighborhood probably lol. Other would be Taco Tuesday. I live for taco Tuesday and it's honestly one of the things I hate most about living in Louisville. I don't hate Louisville per se, but not having a single place to do taco Tuesday sucks. I always looked forward to it in LA. We usually went to Cabo Cantina on Washington because it's unlimited tacos and 2 for 1 drinks. Not the best tacos, but unlimited tacos combined with happy hour is a great night. I've been to almost all the Cabo Cantinas tbh lol, but I lived closest to the one on Washington.

Favorite mall: I know, I'm probably weird. But I love the Beverly Center. I actually really like a lot of the stuff they have in there. I don't particularly like The Grove, but I love the Farmer's Market.

If it isn't obvious, I grew up on the westside :P

Old 09-28-2016, 10:39 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,563,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afropack-man View Post
or you could just answer the question?
You've obviously never read pdf.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:46 PM

508 posts, read 504,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
You've obviously never read pdf.
never answered the question either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles