Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 12:44 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,167,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Tulemutt, you fail to comprehend this too.
Right. You're the only sage one around here.
Quote:
Trump speaks his mind and yes sometimes it's crude and lewd but he's not actively harassing someone
You want to talk about horsecrap? I've got your horsecrap riiiight here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Do you live here or do you live in Michigan?

If you live in Michigan why are you commenting so much on the LA board, including traffic?
I'd lived in L.A. for 14 years from 1996 to 2010, visit numerous times a year because my parents still live in SFV and am contemplating moving back.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:49 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,654,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
I'd lived in L.A. for 14 years from 1996 to 2010, visit numerous times a year because my parents still live in SFV and am contemplating moving back.
Thank you for answering, and come on back.

Unfortunately we have a few people who don't live here(and never have), visited once or twice yet dish out advice like they're natives or long term residents.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:03 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,691,156 times
Quote:
If you don't like it, nobody is forcing you to live there.
I don't live in the inner city and never would. I live on the West side near the beach. I've never had to "force myself" to live in a great neighborhood near the beach.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Thank you for answering, and come on back.

Unfortunately we have a few people who don't live here(and never have), visited once or twice yet dish out advice like they're natives or long term residents.
Which is why I didn't really mind the question.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:36 PM

21,745 posts, read 16,374,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Aren't you a bit too old to be such a triggered social justice warrior? I don't like Trump's rhetoric because it lacks class but I wouldn't categorize it as hateful. Crude and disrespectful towards women, yes, hateful as in inciting violence with "dog whistles" no? If someone takes that as a signal to engage in violence then they have a screw loose to begin with. His rhetoric is how you took it because of your particular beliefs.

Now harasssment is another matter entirely. Targeting a person for verbal harassment is terrible. I have never heard of Trump doing this. For instance, if someone were to go on twitter and say that XYZ is stupid., then that would be OK. But if they were to target them and PM them and tell them "you're $%%##%&& " and such, and do it continuously for days on in, that would be harassment. Do you see the difference?
What would be worse is if it escalated to actual vandalism such as this particular act which was an act of violence toward a symbol, making a political statement. OR such as what happened in North Carolina where a bunch of idiots burned a GOP headquarters and spray painted swastikas all over the remains. That's unstable. That's worse. There is no rationalizing that.
What does age have to do with social justice?

You wouldn't characterize Trump's rhetoric as hateful? What kind of filter do you listen through? A couple feet of concrete? You didn't listen to any of his nicknames for other candidates? His characterizations of immigrants? His demeaning comments about women? Persistent attacks on Rosie O'Donnell and so many others? His references to violence being appropriate against demonstrators at his rallies weren't "dog whistles"? His suggestions that there could be riots in the streets if he loses? Suggestions of assassinations?

Yes, there are lots of people with screws loose. And Trump appeals to them deliberately. That is inciteful, by definition.

My "particular beliefs"? What are my beliefs you refer to? My belief that the nation is better off without a mentally deranged, pathologically lying, narcissistic sociopath as its figurehead engaging in egging on legions of screw-loose minions? Yeah. You got me.

You have never heard of Trump targeting anyone for verbal abuse? Right. Because publicly labeling opponents and critics with demeaning and dismissive nicknames in a scorched-earth campaign of fear-mongering accusations and engaging in ad-infinitum repetition of applying those monikers hasn't involved "targeting".

Your declarations couldn't be more absurd in the face of Trump words and actions.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:37 PM

270 posts, read 326,269 times
The irony is that the guy who vandalized the star will now be a felon and unable to vote.

Old 10-27-2016, 07:51 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,263,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrogg View Post
The irony is that the guy who vandalized the star will now be a felon and unable to vote.
The alleged vandal, James Otis, is a scion of the "Otis family," best known for their politics and elevators. Most likely, Otis will pay a fine and might have to do community service.
Who Is James Otis? Man Who Destroyed Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk Of Fame Star Arrested By LAPD
James Otis admits to smashing Donald Trump's star on Hollywood Walk of Fame to protest Trump sex assault claims | Daily Mail Online

I wouldn't be surprised if the elevator that Trump got stuck in last July was an "Otis elevator"…
Donald Trump Rescued from Stalled Elevator in Colorado City

Old 10-27-2016, 07:58 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,797,094 times
Quote:
Well, again, I'm not saying words should beget violence or that this was a rational response. Although there's legal precedent behind justifying inflammatory speech turning into actions (the 1st Amendment not being absolute and all that), that's not what I'm playing at here.
I'm definitely not saying that either, but we can't expect everyone who listens to Trump's nonsense and madness and just sit back and hold in feelings.

We rarely, if never, saw intense violence at the rallies of the other candidates. The reason as to why is obvious.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:02 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,515,860 times
Cool, let them do what they like, all they are doing is giving this man more attention and making him more and more popular everyday... he is the most popular man in America right now and there is no way you are gonna tell me this isn't helping his campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles