Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 10:52 AM

406 posts, read 348,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrev View Post
That's all I ever said they were. Another opinion of mine? Doctors are just shills for Big Pharma. Don't go to the doctor unlees you want an Opiate Addiction. Before you waste a year of your life ranting at me about how special your snowflake fiance is, remember dude....it's just my opinion. Though, you can't blame them, all that student debt and all.

Seriously...calm down.

p.s. Im a chick.
Opinions are like ass holes. Everybody has one.

Watch, I can do it too.

Here's an opinion of mine- Tujunga is a complete & utter dumpster shtt hole and everyone that lives there is a meth addicted biker gang member.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 10:55 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippityhop View Post
Also, the poster I responded to said absolutely nothing about "in general". He said all millennials are:

However they are soooo lacking in work ethic we don't end up hiring them long term. I've trained a lot of people on 6 week contracts with the hopes to bring them on full time after....None them even make it thru the first week.

the hours are "too long. This is TOO HARD". They get upset when you "impose" a deadline on them. And not a ONE of them knows how to show up ON TIME!!!! adding insult to injury they don't even CARE that they're late. I've had one outright quit because "well, in school I had a newer version of software. I don't want to leard this (18 months) older version."

I don't care what the average millennial is doing. Or if, as you claim, as a generation it's "soft, self-centered, and lazy". I literally give zero shtts.

I'm crushing it in life right now. I went to arguably (screw HW) the best private school in LA County. I went to a top 10 university where I met my current fiancee who's going to be an MD. Neither of us have any student debt.

All of my HS friends are in the same situation. Literally every single one of us has an advanced degree. We're working at places like Goldman Sachs, Deloitte, Latham & Watkins, Gibson Dunn, Boston Scientific, Disney, JLL, Stanford med, UCSF med, USC med, UCI med, etc.

I'm sorry your experience with millennials has been with a bunch of bottom feeders. I'm at the top and life is good.

Incoming radiolibre posts about me being an elitist.
Success like yours needs to be applauded. I do!

Are you ready to be called privileged now by the masses? You are just lucky and it's all about your skin color. JK!

Old 11-12-2016, 11:07 AM

406 posts, read 348,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Success like yours needs to be applauded. I do!

Are you ready to be called privileged now by the masses? You are just lucky and it's all about your skin color. JK!
We certainly were privileged. Won the genetic lottery. Not talking about the color of our skin (as some were white, black, Asian, Hispanic), but the family and lifestyle we were born into.

Hopefully I will be able to do the same for my children and give them a step up in life as opposed to having to dig their way out of a hole.

Last edited by Hippityhop; 11-12-2016 at 11:17 AM..

Old 11-12-2016, 11:30 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrev View Post
Yup. They're aso useless as all the rest. Not really....30-35 is hit or miss. Under 30 are useless.
Four years of stupid stereotypes from right-wingers. I see the Trump victory will change nothing.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:36 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I care because it's a complete waste of time and as a taxpayer a waste of money.
Like I said if the kids need counseling, the parents should pay for it and schedule it outside of school time.

Furthermore, perhaps the parents should explain to THEIR kids how our democracy works in this country.
Or the schools should be using this as a teachable moment to explain how things work.
Because obviously these kids don't get it.

But..I guess that's just asking too much..
You care because you're a nosy right-winger who thinks taxpayer money should go strictly towards defense spending and nothing else. (the stereotype game can be fun sometimes).

If it makes you feel better, I preach to my kids all the time on the dangers of becoming someone like you.

Old 11-12-2016, 12:14 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Quote:
Yawn. Another generation calling the younger one entitled and lazy.

This has been going back to the stone age. Get over yourself. You're not a special snowflake.
LOL--you apparently don't even know what the term special snowflake means! Notice my post didn't mention me or my generation at all. It is the millennials who are special snowflakes par excellence. You see, it means you whine and want to be rewarded for normal responsibilities that many people who came before you have done--like say, oh, a physician in residency working long hours.

Keep yawing. You are mentally asleep anyway.

Old 11-12-2016, 01:28 PM

176 posts, read 177,287 times
Quote:
Opinions are like ass holes. Everybody has one.

Watch, I can do it too.

Here's an opinion of mine- Tujunga is a complete & utter dumpster shtt hole and everyone that lives there is a meth addicted biker gang member.
I would be in a biker gang, but Im too short to ride a motor cycle. Feet don't touch the ground.

Old 11-12-2016, 01:34 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
We certainly were privileged. Won the genetic lottery. Not talking about the color of our skin (as some were white, black, Asian, Hispanic), but the family and lifestyle we were born into.

Hopefully I will be able to do the same for my children and give them a step up in life as opposed to having to dig their way out of a hole.
Then your successes are no great achievement. Those of mine, and those of others like me from poor immigrant stock are to be applauded as we had no privilege.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:12 PM

21,739 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Then your successes are no great achievement. Those of mine, and those of others like me from poor immigrant stock are to be applauded as we had no privilege.
And you developed such character and graciousness toward those less fortunate along the way too! Humility oozes from your posts.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:19 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
You care because you're a nosy right-winger who thinks taxpayer money should go strictly towards defense spending and nothing else. (the stereotype game can be fun sometimes).

If it makes you feel better, I preach to my kids all the time on the dangers of becoming someone like you.
What? Seriously?
When did I say all money should go to defense spending and nothing else.
If you want to say that or believe that it's fine.

You preach to them against becoming someone with common sense.

Come on it's ridiculous that Garcetti is acting like Trump being elected is like 9/11 or something.

Robert Deniro actually said he felt like it was 9/11. It's hard to take that seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles