Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 11:58 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
These aren't the homeless with hearts of gold . LAPD is so liberal with the homeless that they've got to be doing something pretty bad to be getting arrested . It's not just drinking quietly in public
Just like with those arrested for drugs .. it's not the people just smoking a joint and keeping to themselves .
Even the homeless in LA that are drunk or deranged know that their bs will be tolerated in L.A
This is why we have this out of control homeless problem . Tangible evidence of failed liberal policies .
The taxpayers are the ones that suffer. Time to wake up.
We have no obligation to these people many are involved in criminal activity .
LAPD knows this but they have orders from Mayor Yoga pants to be soft on the homeless.
Beck makes over $300,000 a year think he will stand up for what is right and lose his cushy job ?
LAPD is not liberal, and it isn't really because of Garcetti either. You know very well they cannot clear the streets around Skid Row due to orders from the courts that say until they have housing for them the cops more or less have to leave them alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Our taxes in CA are incredibly expensive. Do you think that subsidizing people's rent with your tax dollars to live in highly desirable areas is not idiotic? Everything we are doing in this city and the state is idiotic.

I'm also the only one I see here using my brain to come up with solutions instead of just bitching
He did offer solutions. That taxpayers pay for treatment. The city is doing that now.

No one can force anyone to live anywhere btw. And there's no grocery stores, doctor's offices, and other essential services and businesses in the desert for homeless people to go to. No jobs for them to work at once they recover.

Old 12-19-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guru View Post
What liberals refer to them as is completely irrelevant. They can call them space aliens arriving from Mars for all I care.

Sadly, your article didn't have any figures for what percentage of homeless are here illegally. I read through about a dozen other articles and I couldn't find one that mentioned it either. The majority of homeless are vets / people with mental issues which to me implies they are US citizens.
Go to Skid Row and you'll see the majority of people there are either Black Americans or White Americans. Very few Latinos or Asians are there.

Old 12-19-2016, 12:10 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
I hear you. That's why I was asking jm1982 if he knew what percentage of homeless are illegals.

If one is fed up with homeless it seems you would want to target the 90% of the problem not the 10%
Getting rid of the illegal ones would be a good start I said . what was your original username ?

Old 12-19-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
LAPD is not liberal, and it isn't really because of Garcetti either. You know very well they cannot clear the streets around Skid Row due to orders from the courts that say until they have housing for them the cops more or less have to leave them alone.
Statements by Beck pretty much parrot Garcetti .
Beck recently backed up Garcetti saying LA would remain a sanctuary city for illegals .
That is a liberal statement .

Old 12-19-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
OK so now that you got rid of 10% of the problem what do you do with the rest?

Maybe enforce the laws too much to ask ..
LAguru. Why do you ask? Are my questions offensive to you?
So you've noticed a change in the forum since way back to early December 2016?
Troll alert !

Old 12-19-2016, 12:30 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times
Quote:
Statements by Beck pretty much parrot Garcetti .
Beck recently backed up Garcetti saying LA would remain a sanctuary city for illegals .
That is a liberal statement .
Cut the K-R-A-P-O-L-A already. With regard to illegal immigrants Chief Beck is following LAPD protocol which was set in place in 1979 when Chief Gates (a conservative REPUBLICAN) was the Chief of the LAPD.

LAPD will not help deport immigrants under Trump, chief says - LA Times

Hysterical you bring illegal immigrants into a discussion on Skid Row...you see a boogeyman in every closet.

Old 12-19-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Cut the K-R-A-P-O-L-A already. With regard to illegal immigrants Chief Beck is following LAPD protocol which was set in place in 1979 when Chief Gates (a conservative REPUBLICAN) was the Chief of the LAPD.

LAPD will not help deport immigrants under Trump, chief says - LA Times

Hysterical you bring illegal immigrants into a discussion on Skid Row...you see a boogeyman in every closet.
So just continue bad policy. Because tradition ..
parts of the world also have a tradition of female circumcision and binding girls feet should that continue too because it was/is "protocol"?

You are right some Republican are pro illegal but it's more a liberal phenomenon

Old 12-19-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
No it was one word. Not two. I don't remember when I was here last but it was at least a year ago.

What's your deal lol. Have I offended you somehow?
So you lurked a year ago but didn't participate and finally created an account?

Old 12-19-2016, 01:12 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times
Quote:
So just continue bad policy. Because tradition ..
parts of the world also have a tradition of female circumcision and binding girls feet should that continue too because it was/is "protocol"?

You are right some Republican are pro illegal but it's more a liberal phenomenon
You want local law enforcement to focus on a federal responsibility? That is an inefficient waste of taxpayer dollars and not an effective policing strategy.

Local police enforcement needs to focus on keeping the city safe, not chasing after every resident to find out their immigration status. The LAPD does cooperate with the feds when it comes to deporting illegals with serious criminal records. But that follows court orders and you know something we call the rule of law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles